Assistant Customer Service Manager Horsham, United Kingdom £10.92 hourly
Assistant Customer Service ManagerLocation: Horsham, United Kingdom | Salary: £10.92 hourly | Posted: 4 Nov 2019 | Closes: 25 Nov 2019 | Business Unit: UK Secure Solutions | Contracted Hours: Full-time | Employee Status: Permanent | Reference: 1900027B
We are looking for an Assistant Customer Service Manager to join our team at Swan Walk shopping centre in Horsham. You will be reporting directly to the on site Customer Service Manager. This position is paying £10.92 per hour on a 42 hour per week contract. You will need to be flexible to work day shifts to include both weekdays and weekends.
The Assistant Customer Manager will ensure the smooth running of the front of house security operations and will be collaborating closely with the Customer Service Manager to ensure the set standards of the full security operational scope is maintained throughout the site.
The manager maybe required to partake in site KPI meetings to report on monthly occurrences and identify initiatives and innovations for consideration to ensure continuous site development. Risks and threats highlighted while running their daily operational tasks will be immediately escalated to the client and G4S management for reviewing.
This manager will be the brand ambassador of Swan Walk Shopping Centre and will lead the team to provide the expected level of customer service excellence. Part of the daily operations will require the manager to build their relationship with tenants and provide support where needed.
Primary responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Co-ordinate security operations (with Customer Service Manager) or activities with public law enforcement, fire and other agencies
- Identify, investigate, and resolve security breaches
- Analyse and evaluate security operations to identify risks or opportunities for improvements
- Plan security for special events
- Train all front of house staff to ensure maintenance of excellent standards
- Order security-related supplies and equipment as needed
- Write, review and assess completed front of house administrative documentation (Incident Reports, Patrol Logs and more)
- Manage and lead site emergencies when the CSM is not on duty
- Plan, direct, or coordinate security activities to safeguard company assets, employees, guests, or other on company property
- Attend meetings, professional seminars, or conferences to keep abreast of changes in executive legislative directives or new technologies impacting security operations
- Conduct physical examinations of property to ensure compliance with security policies and regulations
- Hold monthly one-hour coaching sessions with subordinates
- Deal with enquiries, complaints and emergencies
- Investigate and resolve issues
- Communicate security status, updates, and actual or potential problems, using established protocols
- Maintain set level of customer service standards
- Respond to medical emergencies, bomb threats, fire alarms, or intrusion alarms, following emergency response procedures
- Ensuring compliance with health and safety legislation
- Manage team scheduling, annual leave, queries and more
- 80% to be spent front of house and 20% reserved for any required administrative tasks
4 Extended Responsibilities and Accountability
4.1 Customer Service
To liaise with G4S & the Customer as mediator in regards
to all aspects of the contract.
To liaise with local police, residents, authorities and
neighbouring businesses, to ensure the most effective security measures are
adopted in accordance with relevant/up-to-date information.
4.1.3 Ensure strict compliance with COP enforced by registered CCTV body, AI’s and governed regulations (DPA, FOIA and etc).
4.1.4 Ensure that all site Reports are completed and maintained.
4.1.5 Ensure bespoke Assignment Instructions, Health and Safety and Security Risk Assessments and associated action plans are maintained.
Ensure all customer complaints, observations or non compliance’s are captured,
documented and reported to your line manager and acted on or amended within
4.1.7 Provide ‘first line’ response for site-based staff to resolve issues raised such as; pay queries, uniform requirements, holiday bookings etc. liaising with your line manager.
4.1.8 Working with designated AOC to ensure site compliance with security rota within the G4S rostering system, in line with contractual requirements.
4.2 Operational Efficiency
4.2.1 Regular maintenance checks of all site equipment to ensure efficient delivery of all security measures.
4.2.2 To support Customer Service Manager with all operational requirements to ensure constant positive progression.
4.2.3 Ensure maintenance of all necessary documentation referenced to in the AI.
4.2.4 Ensure prompt/adequate response to incidents at customer premises in line with Company procedures and/or contract requirements.
4.2.5 Ensure familiarity with and availability of all equipment required for the delivery of service, especially in relation to Patrol Reporting Systems, CCTV, Access Control Systems, fire & intruder alarms, uniforms, torches, and personal protective equipment, etc.
4.2.6 Ensure full understanding of escalation procedures for incidents at customer premises to meet obligations under the contract and/or legislation.
4.2.7 Ensure all Security Officer activity is scheduled, within the ‘G4S Rostering’ system, in accordance with BS 7499.
4.2.8 In conjunction with G4S ensure sufficient manning of suitable quality is available to meet customer requirements including holiday, sickness & extra cover.
4.2.9 Maintain on site CCTV Management and Operation procedures.
4.2.10 Ensure all employees carry current photographic identity card at all times. Including SIA licence which must be on display at all times
4.2.11 To attend Customer meetings as requested.
4.2.12 To attend meetings with Tenants/Customers within the premises as asked.
4.2.13 Ensure that you are on call at all times in the event of an emergency, unless on Holiday or sick.
4.3 Employee Satisfaction and Staff Development
4.3.1 Carry out interviews on all prospective job candidates required within your area of responsibility.
4.3.2 Ensure all employees receive Site Induction training and a Site Training Record is completed.
4.3.3 Ensure that all Staff has adequate training allowing them to carry out their role effectively.
4.3.4 Ensure all personnel are appraised on a regular basis and identify candidates for future development.
4.3.5 Ensure regular communication with all staff under your control to the standards laid down in the G4S Operations Manual.
4.3.6 Ensure all employees are dealt with fairly and equitably in all respects with particular attention to timely and accurate payments and disciplinary or grievance issues; and that satisfaction levels as measured by objective, anonymous surveys, are continually improving.
4.4 Continuous Improvement and Quality
4.4.1 Ensure the practices of Continuous Improvement and recognition operate on each site, and passing onto your line manager, ensuring proposals are promptly discussed with the customer, and feedback given to the person making the proposal.
4.4.2 Maintain up to date knowledge of all relevant legislation, best practice etc. relevant to the position.
4.5.1 To produce timely completion/submission of required reports to Retail Operations Manager and Client.
4.5.2 To engage in any other activities requested by the client and/or G4S.
Join G4S and you can also enjoy real career progression with a large international company - as the world’s leading provider of security solutions, we offer loads of training and support. You’ll be in safe hands from our induction and on-site training to regular reviews and welfare checks with our managers.
20 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays - subject to shift pattern and accrual
Workplace Pension Scheme
Great 4 Savings Employee Discount Scheme
Progression, training and development opportunities
Jobs that might be of interest:Help Desk Agent
Location: Chelmsford, Essex
Apply now Customer Service Advisor
Location: Belfast, United Kingdom