Assistant Commercial ManagerLocation: Bridgwater | Salary: £45,668.96 | Posted: 5 Feb 2024 | Closes: 4 Mar 2024 | Job Type: Part Time and Fixed Term | Business Unit: UK Facilities Management | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 15285
ASSISTANT COMMERCIAL MANAGER
Salary: £45,668.96 per annum
Working Hours: 9 Month FTC (Maternity cover), Full Time, 40 hours per week (Mon-Fri)
Location: Hinkley Point C, Bridgwater, Somerset, TA5 1UD
Excellent company benefits including Contributory Pension
G4S and Allied Universal came together in 2021 to create a global business which is now the world’s leading integrated security and facility services company. We offer our employees an immense range of exciting and rewarding long term career opportunities. The company provides integrated FM services in a wide range of environments, including healthcare, education, secure environments, and prestigious buildings.
The first new nuclear power station to be built in the UK in over 20 years; Hinkley Point C in Somerset will provide low-carbon electricity for around 6 million homes and bring lasting benefits to the UK economy.
About the role
We have an opportunity for an Assistant Commercial Manager to join our team at Hinkley Point C, Somerset. This is a 9 month FTC (maternity cover), full time role working 40 hours per week Monday to Friday. The salary for this role is £45,668.96 per annum.
As Assistant Commercial Manager you will be required to support the Commercial Manager to ensure financial management activities on a key customer account are reported accurately and timely and in accordance with requirements and company policies and procedures.
Activities to be delivered within the environment of a complex and fast-paced multi-billion £ nuclear infrastructure programme. Will need to work closely with the Commercial Manager to analyse and deliver reporting for Operational Management and regularly liaise with internal and external programme stakeholders.
Key Responsibilities of this role are:
- Support delivery against the NEC3 contract including:
- Preparation of accurate cost plus accounting information and invoices
- Working closely with the Operational team to review and/or deliver contractual mechanisms including:, Payment Assessments, Variance Analyses
- Monitoring performance against forecasts and budgets
- Producing contract performance reports for both internal and external users
- Deliver adhoc financial analysis to support business operational decision making
- Requesting new suppliers and supporting suppliers with onboarding
- Prepare evidence packs to support monthly applications for payment
- Monthly reconciliation of the income and costs including additional income
- Raise Purchase Orders when required
- Perform Purchase Ledger reconciliations including reporting the committed orders and GRNI’s (Good Received Not Invoiced)
- Co-ordinate any Adhoc payments
- Monthly Payroll reconciliations
- Assist the Operations Team with verification and management of stock
- Aide continuous improvement of processes and procedures within the contract and finance community
- Provide assistance with financial reporting and analysis to support the Commercial Finance Manager
- Adhere to processes and procedures to produce the management accounts in a timely manner, following the required contract controls to ensure accurate contract accounting
- Ensure company financial controls are applied for accounting activities and assist with compliance through the operational teams
- Accurate and timely maintenance and control of balance sheet accounts
- Ensure accuracy for all inputs to enable production of accurate and detailed contract P+L’s and Contract Reporting Packs
- Production of timely and accurate management reporting
- Supporting good effective working relations with key stakeholders (both internal and external)
The Ideal Candidate:
Essential Requirements are:
- Attention to detail and conscientious
- Understanding and experience of management accounts
- Excellent analytical skills
- Focus on delivery of accurate, timely information.
- High Standard of written and presentation skills
- Confident Inter-personal skills
- Finance knowledge and experience
- FM or construction background
- CIMA or ACCS trainee or part qualified status
- Ability to work openly and collaboratively
- Strong Planning and Co-ordination Skills
While working for G4S, you are entitled to a number of benefits and offers from G4S partners and other organisations, from employee assistance provided through WeCare, to RAC cover and so much more, including the below;
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Progression, training and development catered to you.
- Refer A Friend incentives.
- Company pension scheme with employer contributions.
- G4S Life Assurance Scheme.
- Subsidised healthcare plan.
- Charity work- Match-IT and Payroll Giving.
- Confidential Counselling Services.
- 24/7 support specialising in health and medical.
- Discounts on high street shops and brands including several leading high street brands, retailers and travel suppliers.
Jobs that might be of interest:Soft Services Lead
Location: TA6 4FJ
Apply now Soft Services Lead
Location: TA6 4FJ
Apply now Cleaning Supervisor
Location: TA5 1UD, Somerset
Apply now Cleaning Supervisor
Location: Bridgwater, Somerset
Apply now Multi Skilled Engineer – Electrically Biased
Location: BRIDGWATER, Cornwall