Assistant Accountant Worksop, Nottinghamshire S81 7QF Competitive
Assistant AccountantLocation: Worksop, Nottinghamshire S81 7QF | Salary: Competitive | Posted: 22 Jul 2021 | Closes: 4 Aug 2021 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: G4S/MS/2142
Competitive salary, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, contributory pension scheme, life assurance, free parking
We have an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Accountant to join our busy Finance team at our Regional Office, Worksop. The successful candidate will provide support to the Finance Manager, ensuring all monthly deadlines are met and ensuring the completion of all monthly reconciliations. In return, you will receive a competitive salary, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, entry into a contributory pension scheme, life assurance and free parking.
Allied Universal®, a leading security and facility services company, provides proactive security services and cutting-edge smart technology to deliver tailored, integrated security solutions that allow clients to focus on their core business. Our acquisition of G4S in 2021 expands our footprint and infrastructure on a global and local level. Through our vast network of more than 800,000 employees, we leverage global best practices in communities all over the world. Operating in around more than 80 countries with revenues of $18 billion, we are supported by efficient processes and systems that can only come with scale to help deliver our promise locally: keeping people safe so our communities can thrive. We believe there is no greater purpose than serving and safeguarding customers, communities, and people in today’s world. Allied Universal is There for you™. For more information, please visit www.aus.com.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Oversee and assist in the completion of all bank account reconciliations.
- Ensure year-end schedules required for tax packs are completed on a monthly basis
- Reconciliation of PSA to ensure correct calculation and submissions to HMRC
- Monthly reconciliation of intercompany accounts with other group companies
- Quarterly preparation of VAT returns
- Balance Sheet reconciliation
- Adhoc Payment request processing.
- Assist in the preparation of Statutory Accounts and Tax Packs
- Processing Intercompany Journals
- Replenishing and reconciling petty cash
- Management of Company-paid credit cards
- Completion of national statistics returns
- The administration and reconciliation of Fixed asset control accounts and produce related reports for management at all levels within the business
- Manage the capital approval processes ensuring compliance with regional and group policies
- Producing Monthly Accounts for overhead cost centres
- Assisting in the preparation of cost centre budgets and forecasts.
- Reconciliation and processing of prepayments, accruals and standard charges
- Administration of Contract database to ensure all data is provided to invoice customers correctly
The Ideal Candidate:
Experience and Attributes
- Part qualified Accountant studying towards ACCA/CIMA
- Strong Microsoft Excel and Word skills
- A comprehensive understanding of accounting systems and the interaction of ledgers is required
- Confident communicator both verbally and written
- A flexible/adaptable approach to work
- Flexibility to match working hours to department demand
Please note, this role does not qualify for a visa under the current Government guidelines therefore to be considered for this role you must already have the right to work in the UK. Re-location costs will not be granted. You must live in reasonable commuting distance of Worksop.