Assistant Accountant Worksop Competitive
Assistant AccountantLocation: Worksop | Salary: Competitive | Posted: 6 May 2021 | Closes: 23 May 2021 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: G4S/MS/2094
We have a number of exciting opportunities to join our regional finance team for three full-time Assistant Accountants. Reporting into the Finance Accounts Manager your main focus will be to ensure the completion of all monthly reconciliations. You will support with month end reporting, balance sheet reconciliation and external audit.
G4S, a leading global security and outsourcing group, specialising in outsourcing of business processes in sectors where security and safety risks are considered a strategic threat. G4S have recently been acquired by Allied Universal making the company the biggest security provider and the 7th largest employer in the World.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Assisting in monthly group reporting and preparing management accounts.
- Preparing monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Monthly reconciliation of intercompany accounts with other group companies.
- Calculate quarterly intercompany billing for royalty/license fees invoices and monthly intercompany accruals.
- Assist in the preparation of annual statutory accounts and tax packs.
- Assist in providing information for Quarterly preparation of VAT returns.
- Assist in completing budget and forecast templates for group reporting.
- Process general ledger accounting journals in SAP system including prepayments and accruals.
- Assist in processing journals and reporting on derivative financial instruments using Group treasury system.
- Ensure internal and external customer queries are dealt with in a timely and professional manner.
- Assisting Accounts Receivable in following inter group debtors.
- Processing Intercompany Journals in SAP.
- Completion of national statistics returns.
- This position works in tight deadlines and works closely with the Finance team, handling confidential information.
- Assisting in responding to external audit queries relating to interim/annual audit.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Strong analysis/problem solving
- Self- confidence
- Good verbal and written communications skills
- Flexible/adaptable approach to work.
- Business awareness and comprehensive understanding of accounting systems and the interaction of ledgers.
Skills & Knowledge
- Part qualified Accountant, studying towards ACCA/CIMA
- Working in a similar role in multidivisional organisations
- Strong Microsoft Excel and Word skills
- Strong analytical and time management skill
- Experience of using SAP
- BPC group reporting system
If you are having any trouble applying for this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your full CV and covering letter.
Jobs that might be of interest:General Ledger Team Leader
Location: Worksop, Nottinghamshire S81 7QF
Apply now Business Analyst (Finance) - Cash and Secure Solutions South Africa
Apply now Financial Controller: Cash and Secure Solutions South Africa
Apply now Procurement Manager
Location: Abu Dhabi