Assistant Accountant Worksop Dependent on experience
Assistant AccountantLocation: Worksop | Salary: Dependent on experience | Posted: 22 May 2020 | Closes: 5 Jun 2020 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: G4S/MS/2030
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Assistant Accountant to join our small, busy team at the Worksop site to provide support to the Finance Manager, ensuring all monthly deadlines are met and all monthly reconciliations are completed. This is a great opportunity to continue to develop your career. So if you are a part qualified Accountant studying towards ACCA/CIMA, with strong Excel and Word skills and have a comprehensive understanding of accounting systems and the interaction of ledgers then we would like to hear from you.
G4S is the leading global integrated security company specialising in the provision of security products, services and solutions. The group is active in more than 110 countries, is the largest employer quoted on the London Stock Exchange with over 623,000 employees and has a secondary stock exchange listing in Copenhagen. We specialise in outsourced business processes and facilities in sectors where security and safety risks are considered a strategic threat.
- Oversee and assist in the completion of all bank account reconciliations.
- Ensure year end schedules required for tax packs are completed on a monthly basis
- Reconciliation of PSA to ensure correct calculation and submissions to HMRC
- Monthly reconciliation of intercompany accounts with other group companies
- Quarterly preparation of VAT returns
- Balance Sheet reconciliation
- Adhoc Payment request processing.
- Assist in the preparation of Statutory Accounts and Tax Packs
- Processing Intercompany Journals
- Replenishing and reconciling petty cash
- Management of Company paid credit cards
- Completion of national statistics returns
- The administration and reconciliation of Fixed asset control accounts and produce related reports for management at all levels within the business
- Manage the capital approval processes ensuring compliance with regional and group policies
- Producing Monthly Accounts for overhead cost centres
- Assisting in the preparation of cost centre budgets and forecasts.
- Reconciliation and processing of prepayments, accruals and standard charges
- Administration of Contract database to ensure all data is provided to invoice customers correctly
The Ideal Candidate:
Jobs that might be of interest:Accounts Assistant
Apply now Billing Clerk
Location: Omaha, Nebraska
Apply now Labour Analyst - G4S Secure Solutions
Location: Head Office
Apply now Scheduler - G4S Secure Solutions
Location: Centurion ( Head Office )
Apply now Accounts Payables Officer