Assistant Accountant Shanghai Competitive
Assistant AccountantLocation: Shanghai | Salary: Competitive | Posted: 29 Aug 2019 | Closes: 29 Sep 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: G4SI | Region / Division: Europe | Reference: G4S/TP/4080552/167479
G4S International Logistics (G4SI) are innovators in global and domestic secure transport solutions and we strive on unpredictable challenges faced on a daily basis to meet our client’s needs. Our Mission is to be the partner of choice for large organizations needing very high security solutions to international logistics risk; we achieve this through client and employee engagement and best capabilities. We make every effort to create the best place for the best people valuing skill, knowledge and expertise.
Specialising in door to door secure transportation, insurance, third party logistics, inventory/storage services and risk mitigation we are well known in the industry for our integrity and consultative approach. Banks, financial institutions, governments, mines, diamond cutters, jewellery manufacturers and retailers worldwide rely on us to protect their commercial and reputational risk while optimizing their business operations.
Our team of highly skilled professionals are supported by superior technology and our industry leading security and risk management processes are continuously reviewed and refined in order to adapt to the constantly changing risk landscape.
We maintain a fluid and agile workforce to respond and react to change, always thinking on our feet and applying sound judgement in our decision making. We value our talent and make every effort to create the best place for the best people valuing skill, knowledge, expertise and innovation.
If you think G4Si is the best place for you, we have the following opportunity in our Shanghai Office.
- Responsible for assisting the CHX Accountant with day-to-day accounting tasks (AR, AP and GL), preparation of financial statements and monthly reporting packs
- Booking invoices on relevant IT systems against accounts
- Booking overhead invoices to relevant IT system and ensuring appropriately authorised
- Dealing with vendor queries
- Raising sales invoices and sending to customers
- Adhoc duties including dealing with tax advisors, auditors, payroll bureau etc.
- Reconciling to supplier statements and proposing supplier payments
- Credit control / chasing customers for payments
- To perform other duties as required in the interest of the business and within the employees capabilities’
The Ideal Candidate:
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATION:
- Previous experience in an accounts and / or administration role, an advantage
- A professional attitude, keeping with the principles of G4S.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload.
- Ability to work in team and on your own.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Computer literate including Microsoft Office packages; Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Good in spoken and written English
COMPETENCIES AND BEHAVIOURS:
UNDERSTANDING ORGANISATIONAL GOALS AND OBJECTIVES – The capacity to understand and contribute to the delivery of the organisation’s goals and objectives.
SUPPORTING AND WORKING WITH OTHERS – The capacity to assist people in achieving objectives
CUSTOMER THINKING – The capacity to always put the customer first.
DELIVERING OBJECTIVES –The capacity to deliver objectives.
SHARING AND COOPERATING –The capacity to help and support.
Jobs that might be of interest: