Assignment Manager Edinburgh, United Kingdom Up to 11.74
Assignment ManagerLocation: Edinburgh, United Kingdom | Salary: Up to 11.74 | Posted: 7 Jun 2022 | Closes: 7 Jul 2022 | Business Unit: UK Secure Solutions | Contracted Hours: Full-time | Employee Status: Permanent | Reference: 339
About The Role
Gogarburn is an ever evolving complex which brings new challenges every day, week, month and year. In order to keep up with the requirements and needs of the site we need to adapt accordingly and provide new ideas and solutions to problems/issues.
The Assignment Manager will play a vital role in managing the day to day running of the Gogarburn Complex. In order to do this you will be responsible for liaising with the RBS FM team, the G4S Operations Manager, Supervisors, Street Ambassador’s and Security Officers.
The link you will provide between the RBS FM team and G4S team is critical to this assignment running in an efficient and effective manner. The successful candidate will be able to maintain a consistently high level of service through enthusiasm, commitment, teamwork and sheer hard work.
- Plan and direct the local operations of the G4S personnel to ensure compliance with BS 7499 and your local operating procedures as described in the assignment instructions.
- Regular contact with RBS FM team to understand the current needs and requirements.
- Be responsible to the client’s needs and work in partnership with them to support the delivery of the required service.
- Managing the Supervisors, Street Ambassador’s and Security Officers on site.
- You will be responsible for managing their conduct and ensuring that they undertake their roles to the highest possible standard.
- Correct any under-performance, where necessary, through formal G4S processes.
- Manage and maintain the relationships between the various roles we have on site – Supervisors, Street Ambassadors, Controllers, Security Officers.
- Manage and maintain the relationship between G4S and other service partners on site – particularly the reception/welcome team currently working in the Hub.
- Undertake a minimum of one peak building patrol per day to monitor, support and direct
- security employees. Keep local records of your visits, findings and corrective actions for audit purposes.
- Ensure that all security related findings whilst on patrol are reported using TOFU and jobs logged accordingly.
- Ensure the Risk Register on site is kept up to date and managed effectively.
- Resolve all operational problems within your operational area and prepare responses within established timeframes to all service complaints.
- Undertake and implement one-to-one PPS assessments, care visits for all staff, identify and respond to employee training needs.
- Proven multi-disciplinary experience in operational, contract management.
- Strong leadership and people management skills; able to challenge, coach, motivate and train staff to produce positive results
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills at individual, team and group level and
- equally comfortable and effective in communicating with front line staff, managers, clients and
- members of the public
- A self-starter with excellent problem solving skills and a focus upon continuous improvement,
- both personally and to the benefit of the client and G4S and can effectively operate with the
- minimum of supervision and direction
- Able to work under pressure, when dealing with contractual issues.
- Able to produce informative and concise reports
- A working knowledge of contract and health and safety
- Numerate and literate and experienced with Microsoft Office tools
Jobs that might be of interest: