Assembly Technician - G4S Deposita - South Africa Midrand Market Related
Assembly Technician - G4S Deposita - South AfricaLocation: Midrand | Salary: Market Related | Posted: 18 May 2020 | Closes: 31 May 2020 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: South Africa - Cash Solutions | Region / Division: Sub-Saharan Africa | Reference: G4S/TP/417748/191625
Remuneration and benefits will be commensurate with the seniority of the role and in compliance with company remuneration policy and practice.
G4S has a vacancy for a Assembly Technician based in Deposita operations in Midrand.
Reporting to the Assembly Supervisor, this role is responsible to ensure proper assembly of ABM machines.
The successful incumbent is a self-starter with a proven track record in maintaining company policy, adopting best practices, and is able to exercise sound judgement in the pursuit of the achievement of the goals of the organisation, and understanding the role which technical support plays within a successful business unit. The incumbent will be expected to be results driven and to live the values of the organisation.
Main purpose of the position:
This role is responsible to ensure proper assembly of ABM machines.
- Ensure timeous assembly of ABM machines within SLA time limits
- Production line quality control of own assembly product
- Assembly to be completed with “0” defects as listed by the Q&A Department
- Improvement suggestions to assembly as well as design aspects to management
- Repair and maintenance of Devices.
- Repairing and maintenance of canisters
Health and Safety (Health and Safety is every employee's responsibility)
- Participate in the design/ development/ review/ implementation and monitoring of the branch/region/national safety plans for each year.
- Participate in safety forums created by company for example safety meetings and safety talks
- Report all safety incidents to the relevant people
- Discuss all safety incidents on all levels
- Follow-up on any activities assigned through safety meeting/committee/representative/management
- Attend safety education and refresher programs
- Comply with safety policies and procedures at workplace
- Distribute safety information as and when required
- Wear protective clothing all the time
The Ideal Candidate:
Grade 12 and/or NQ4
- Technical knowledge of all Device Types
- Computer literate - ability to work on Excel, MS Outlook, Word, Pastel
- Communication (written and verbal)
- Sharing and cooperating
- Problem Solving
- Technical skill
- Tool & Die maker
- Fitter and turner
- Knowledge of G4S Deposita standard operating procedures
- Work under pressure
- Dealing with changing circumstances
- Attention to detail
About the Company:
G4S is the world’s leading international security solutions group, which specialises in outsourced business processes in sectors where security and safety risks are considered a strategic threat. G4S is the largest employer quoted on the London Stock Exchange and has a secondary stock exchange listing in Copenhagen. G4S has operations in more than 125 countries and 657,000 employees.
G4S operates in over 25 countries in Africa and employs over 105 000 people on the continent. At G4S South Africa, our vision is to be recognised as the leader in providing security solutions. We therefore endeavour to build and maintain a motivated, capable workforce who are proud to work for our region and able to deliver our commercial strategy. We continue to build on the excellent people management practices which are in place across the Group in order to fully engage our workforce.
G4S is an organisation which is defined by its values, which are:
- We act with Integrity and Respect - Our business activities and relationships are built on trust, honesty and openness. We do what we promise and always strive to do the right thing. We listen. We treat our colleagues, customers and those in our care with the utmost respect.
- We are passionate about Safety, Security and Service Excellence - We are passionate about working safely and take great care to protect our colleagues and customers from harm. We are experts in security and use that knowledge to protect our customer’s assets. We keep our promises and are passionate about delivering high levels of customer service.
- We achieve this through Innovation and Teamwork - We invest in technology and best practice to continuously improve the products and services we offer. We challenge ourselves to find new ways of helping our customers achieve their goals. We work together as a team, valuing everyone’s contribution, to ensure we achieve the best results for our customers and our business.
For more information on G4S, please visit: www.g4s.com
Jobs that might be of interest: