Art and Design Teacher BRIDGEND £27,893.49 - £32,302.91
Art and Design TeacherLocation: BRIDGEND | Salary: £27,893.49 - £32,302.91 | Posted: 12 Jul 2021 | Closes: 26 Jul 2021 | Job Type: Permanent & Part-time | Business Unit: UK Central Government Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 9872
Art and Design Teacher
G4S Custody and Rehabilitation Services
HMP Parc, Bridgend, CF35 6AP
Salary range £27,893.49 - £32,302.91 pro rata per annum
Permanent, Part Time (20 hours per week)
Benefits: Company Pension, free on-site parking, on-site canteen, local Gym discounts, ongoing training and development and access to High Street Shop discounts.
Within Custody and Rehabilitation Services, the philosophy of our prisons is to rehabilitate offenders and equip them to re-integrate into mainstream society on release. We seek to normalise prison conditions as far as possible to reflect life in the outside community. Our aim is to create an environment in which staff and prisoners feel safe and causes of prison stress are minimised. Central to our philosophy is the relationship between staff and prisoners. Our training and operational practices emphasise the need to treat prisoners with dignity and respect and G4S staff build positive and supportive relationships with the prisoners in their care. HMP & YOI Parc accommodates 1038 convicted male adult prisoners and remand/ convicted young offenders and young people in a secure but modern environment.
An opportunity has arisen for the above post working as part of the Education Department at HMP & YOI Parc.
Within this exciting and challenging role you will be responsible for the delivery and assessment of Art & Design courses to offenders throughout the establishment.
Within this exciting and challenging role you will be responsible for the delivery and assessment of Art & Design courses to offenders throughout the establishment, including GCSE, AS/A Level.
The successful applicant should have experience of and an interest in a variety of art and creative processes, techniques and artists/creatives
- You will be expected to deliver Art & Design tuition at all levels of the curriculum.
- To ensure that the programme of learning is appropriate for the needs of the learner.
- To keep an individual learning plan for each learner.
- To contribute to the curriculum development which will include the planning, development, implementation and evaluation of courses.
- To monitor and track the progress of the learner according to the requirements of the awarding body and the prison.
- To attend meetings of education, vocational teams and other working groups, as appropriate.
- To take responsibility for the management of the classroom, paying particular regard to the security of tools, including computer equipment and curriculum equipment as appropriate.
- You will be expected to update your skills on a regular basis and participate in staff development activities.
- To deliver assessment and accreditation relevant to the requirements of the awarding body and trainee.
- To undertake other reasonable duties from time to time, as required by the Head of Learning and Skills.
- To undertake all administrative duties related to the monitoring and review systems of the learning skills programme and the prison regime.
- To ensure that all preparation, marking, assessment and moderation is completed promptly and efficiently within agreed timescales.
- To attend meetings and working groups as required.
- To operate effective arrangements for monitoring attendance and retention, including necessary follow-up actions.
- To prepare, review and update regularly, curricular and associated training schemes and materials and to have them available for observations as required.
- To assist students in reaching their long term aims, employability, career progression, further education and training and / or to live as independently as possible.
- Assess students’ progress regularly including the timely marking of work and giving feedback both written and oral.
- Carry out student questionnaires and elicit feedback on the quality of training and learning.
- Contribute to course reviews and the setting, implementation and monitoring of action plans.
- The ability to relate and motivate students from a variety of backgrounds and employ effective training strategies.
- To implement appropriate Health & Safety policies.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Qualified Teacher Status or PGCE
- Relevant professional experience and/ or subject specific degree
- Experience of delivering, assessing and providing feedback with varying awarding bodies
- Experience of working with young people and adults experiencing behavioural problems.
- Excellent communications skills and organised in managing daily tasks
- Working knowledge of Microsoft and Google packages
- Experience of working in a busy pressured environment
- Must be able to work as part of a team but also on own initiative
- Experience in a Prison environment - desirable.
- Ability to deliver relevant tasks in line with expectations
- Ability to speak Welsh
- Experience with teaching and assessing GCSE and AS/A Levels
If you join us, you can be sure that you’ll find a secure, friendly and professional working environment and be given all the support, training and encouragement you need to build and develop a successful career with us.
We encourage applications from Welsh speaking candidates.
Equality and Diversity is an important part of G4S Custody and Rehabilitation Services. We actively encourage applications from all diverse groups.
Please note that these vacancies are subject to a 5 year checkable history and the strict vetting standards set by G4S and the Secretary of State for the Home Office and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
You must be eligible to work in the UK and must have been resident in the UK for a minimum period of 3 years. You will also need to provide full details of your employment and education history for the last 5 years as part of the security screening process for this role.
Jobs that might be of interest:Digital Content Creator
Apply now Operational Support Grade (OSG)
Apply now Senior Operational Manager
Apply now Prison Offender Manager
Apply now Technician - Electrical