Area SupervisorLocation: | Salary: £10.06 | Posted: 21 Sep 2021 | Closes: 5 Oct 2021 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: UK Facilities Management | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 10395
This role and contract sit within our Facilities Management sector of G4S where we aim to improve the lives of people across the UK and Ireland by creating productive, safe and smooth working environments.
We are looking for an Area Supervisor to join our team working across our NHS contracts with Norfolk and Suffolk Foundation Trust and Norfolk Community Hospitals. This role will cover West Norfolk, Swaffham, Dereham, Kings Lynn, Watton and Heacham, for which there would be a van available to use.
This is a Full Time role working 40 hours per week between the hours of 8:30 am to 5:00 pm Monday to Friday.
As Area Supervisor you will supervise and co-ordinate the Soft Services Facilities Staff.
You will develop and maintain an effective working relationship so that the Client’s needs are understood and the Company reputation is enhanced, ensuring that the quality of the service is maintained as per the contract.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Ensure all necessary equipment is available, in good working order and electrically tested on an annual basis.
- Attend various NHS sites throughout the contract in a timely manner to suit customer needs.
- Develop good relationships with the client, in order to ensure satisfaction with our service and that any problems and issues are rectified appropriately.
- Maintain and respect the dignity of patients whilst carrying out your duties.
- Provide regular reports to management on aspects of the service as agreed.
- Implement operational plans effectively using appropriate resources to meet SLAs.
- Support the team, taking responsibility for training and development and maintenance of expectations related to all people management aspects.
- Supervise, assist and provide cover where necessary to Cleaning, Portering and Catering staff.
- Support the cleaning team in continually reviewing operational procedures to maximize customer satisfaction.
- Reschedule work and Rota’s to meet fluctuations in staffing levels/customer requests including covering of absence.
- Provide cover for other Supervisors where appropriate.
- Keep up-to-date with equipment, materials and methods of working by attending training courses, reading journals and working on new methods and ideas.
- Prepare the wages schedule, timesheet and Kronos information for staff.
- Control the recruitment, selection and induction process related to Cleaning and Portering staff in line with the department's budget.
- Ensure staff are aware of the duties and standards required in each area and they maintain them.
- Ensure all staff wear the appropriate uniform and PPE provided and any report safety deficiencies are rectified immediately.
- Comply with the requirements of the Health and Safety at Work Act and Emergency procedures as required.
- Carry out regular audits on the Cleaning and Portering service to ensure that contractual standards are being met.
The Ideal Candidate:
- IT literate with experience of Google platforms.
- Excellent ability to follow instructions.
- Excellent People, Customer Service and Communication Skills.
- Team Player, with the ability to work under your own initiative.
- Full UK Driving Licence.
Company Benefits available:
- Company pension scheme with employer contributions
- G4S Life Assurance Scheme
- Free eye-tests/discounts for VDU users
- Subsidised healthcare plan
- Charity work- Match-IT and Payroll Giving
- Employee Assistance Programme Scheme (Confidential Counselling Services, 24/7 support specialising in health and medical topics )
- Discounts on high street shops and brands including several leading high street brands, retailers and travel suppliers
- Progression, training and development opportunities.
It is G4S’ current policy (subject to the Equality Act 2010), in the light of the specific work being undertaken, that all [employees] must be fully vaccinated or have had the relevant [“full”]Covid-19 vaccinations [(including any “waiting period”)] by their commencement date.
Jobs that might be of interest:Part Time Catering Assistant - Swaffham Community Hospital
Location: Swaffham, Norfolk
Apply now Part Time Cleaner
Location: Leicester, Leicestershire
Apply now Cleaner
Apply now HR Advisor
Apply now Part Time School Cleaner
Location: Whitechapel, Greater London