Area Security OfficerLocation: Saffron Walden, United Kingdom | Salary: £-£9.50 hourly | Posted: 21 Jul 2020 | Closes: 11 Aug 2020 | Business Unit: UK Secure Solutions | Contracted Hours: Full-time | Employee Status: Permanent | Reference: 2000009Y-internal
We are looking for an officer to join our on a relief basis at Chesterford research Park in Saffron Walden. This position is paying £9.50 - £11.00 per hour on a 42 hour per week contract. You will need to be available to work 12 hours shifts to include days, nights and weekends.
Chesterford Research Park is a prestigious research park near Saffron Walden. We are looking for focused Security Officers to be based at the park and monitor, control and take ownership for the security provisions provided within the control room and wider park, ensuring that any issues and/or out of the ordinary occurrences are reported using the established escalation procedures. Whilst doing so provide a high level of service that responds to customer requirements and meets the levels of service agreed with the client and G4S.
Duties will consist of, but will not be restricted to:
- Carry out the daily routine in the Gatehouse and Control Room ensuring all roles and responsibilities are carried out in full.
- Take control of any emergency situations, guide and advise any other staff through the situation until relieved by a member of the Emergency Services or Park Management team.
- Ensure all health and safety procedures are followed, record and report to the Operations Manager all faults, health and safety hazards and unsafe working practices.
- Report and record all accidents in accordance with local policy.
- Maintain all log books and records as detailed in the Security Procedures and Assignment Instructions.
- Display the highest standard of personal presentation to maintain the image of G4S and the customer.
- Identify opportunities for improving practices and processes and report them via the security supervisor.
Essential Criteria -
- Good Microsoft Skills
- Full UK Driving licence
- Previous experience of working in the Security Industry
- Dedication and commitment to Customer satisfaction
In the current situation surrounding Corona Virus, the safety and security we provide to our customers, their premises and our staff continues to be our priority. We are taking steps to ensure our selection and onboarding processes can continue during this time in the safest way possible. Unfortunately this does mean we are currently unable to offer the opportunity to put you through the training course required to obtain your SIA licence, therefore we can only consider applications from licenced candidates at this time.
The Ideal Candidate
You will need to be aged 18 or over, a confident communicator who is a team player with the drive to provide a friendly and professional service at all times. A good IT knowledge is also key, You must be flexible and available to work on a varied shift pattern which will include days, nights and weekends. It would be a benefit to have from some security experience and your SIA licence, however it’s not essential, as we provide full SIA (Security Industry Authority) licence training. As this is a mobile position, you will also need to have a full clean driving licence and your own transport.
Join G4S and you can also enjoy real career progression with a large international company - as the world’s leading provider of security solutions, we offer loads of training and support. You’ll be in safe hands from our induction and on-site training to regular reviews and welfare checks with our managers.
- 20 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays - subject to shift pattern and accrual
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Great 4 Savings Employee Discount Scheme
- Progression, training and development opportunities
About the Company
G4S is the world's leading global, integrated security company specialising in the delivery of security and related services to customers across six continents. We specialise in outsourced business processes and facilities in sectors where security and safety risks are considered a strategic threat. We operate in over 90 countries. We have a truly global business with large established market positions in developed markets and outstanding positions in fast growing emerging markets. G4S has a unique global footprint, employing more than 570,000 people world-wide, and are the largest security solutions provider in the world.
Jobs that might be of interest: