Area Security Officer Bolton, United Kingdom £9.00 hourly
Area Security OfficerLocation: Bolton, United Kingdom | Salary: £9.00 hourly | Posted: 29 Oct 2019 | Business Unit: UK Secure Solutions | Contracted Hours: Full-time | Employee Status: Permanent | Reference: 1900022D
Guaranteed hours + optional over time!
Driving Licence & Car required due to working on multiple sites.
This particular Area Relief Officer role will spend 75% of the time at the client premises in Bolton and the other 25% around clients in the North West area. You will periodically tour the assigned facilities to identify any irregularities, observe protection and fire control equipment, uphold order, and enforce regulations for the facility in regards to the premises, personnel and visitors. Please note the main site you will be based on is extremely high profile and high security.
As an Area Security Officer at G4S, you are more than a Security Guard. You’ll be a key part of our team covering a range of sites within your area you will ensure the safety of our customers staff, their buildings and assets, whilst providing excellent customer service with a smile. We pride ourselves on delivering excellent customer service in a safe and secure environment.
It’s a varied role where you will get to see a range of different sites and customers - the role will include greeting staff and visitors and ensuring they adhere to the required security protocols, conducting searches where required, patrolling the premises and dealing with security incidents. With a keen eye and a brilliant way with people, you could look forward to an interesting role where no two days are the same with exciting career opportunities.
You will need to be aged 18 or over, a confident communicator who is a team player with the drive to provide a friendly and professional service at all times. A good IT knowledge is also key, You must be flexible and available to work on a varied shift pattern which will include days, nights and weekends. It would be a benefit to have from some security experience and your SIA licence, however it’s not essential, as we provide full SIA (Security Industry Authority) licence training. As this is a mobile position, you will also need to have a full clean driving licence and your own transport.
Join G4S and you can also enjoy real career progression with a large international company - as the world’s leading provider of security solutions, we offer loads of training and support. You’ll be in safe hands from our induction and on-site training to regular reviews and welfare checks with our managers.
- 20 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays - subject to shift pattern and accrual
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Great 4 Savings Employee Discount Scheme
- Progression, training and development opportunities
As this is a security role we’re required by law to ask a number of screening questions. You’ll only have to do this once to be eligible to apply for G4S at our wide range of security roles so we’ve made this as quick as possible.
Jobs that might be of interest: