Area Relief Court Security Officer Q401/94601/1 Dundee, Aberdeen and surrounding areas & £7.83
Area Relief Court Security Officer Q401/94601/1Location: Dundee, Aberdeen and surrounding areas | Salary: £7.83 | Posted: 6 Jul 2017 | Closes: 17 Dec 2018 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: UK Secure Solutions | Region / Division: UK & Ireland
20 days annual leave plus 8 Bank Holidays, Double Time and a day in Lieu when working Bank holidays, Mileage payments at the HMRC rate in accordance with company policy, Opportunity for Overtime Hours, Company Sick Pay Scheme, Contributory Pension Scheme, Contributory Health Plan and Life Assurance.
We now have an exciting opportunity for an Area Relief Court Security Officer to join the G4S Facilities Management (UK) team on the Ministry of Justice contract in the Dundee, Aberdeen and surrounding areas.
- Presenting at all times, a smart, alert, visible and commanding security presence at the premises of our clients
- Conducting shift handover procedures at the start and end of each shift to ensure all matters of concern or note occurring during a shift are passed on for the purposes of service and incident management continuity
- Writing complete and accurate handover and incident reports and taking appropriate action as required on all reports passed to you at the commencement or during a duty shift
- Ensuring the safety and security of our clients’ buildings and assets by carrying out all duties in full adherence with the Site Assignment Instructions.
- Completing searches using hand wand, metal detection arches and/or x-ray equipment to prevent entry of restricted items
- Confiscation/Seizure of restricted items as required
- Working as part of a team to provide Conflict Resolution at client premises where there is potential for conflict
- Greeting, assisting and directing members of the public, contractors and staff visiting the premises of our client
The Ideal Candidate:
- Prior experience of working as a Security Officer in the Security Industry
- A valid front line SIA Licence or current certificate of completion of SIA front line training
- A full UK Driving Licence and reliable own transport
PRIORITY WILL BE GIVEN TO THOSE APPLICANTS WHO HOLD A VALID FRONTLINE SIA LICENSE OR SIA TRAINING CERTIFICATE
To be considered for employment with G4S in this role you must be able to meet the following minimum requirements:
Unrestricted right to work full time in the UK for a minimum period of 12 months Be fluent in spoken and written English. Have a five year checkable employment history or be able to produce documentary evidence of any period of unemployment, self- employment or full and part time education during that period. Full UK Driving Licence and access to a reliable vehicle
About the Company:
G4S is the largest secure outsourcing company in the UK and Ireland, with a turnover of more than £1.7 billion and over 55,000 employees managed from over 100 offices.
More than 10,000 customers, including 59 FTSE 100 companies and the majority of UK Government departments, depend on G4S to provide them with a safe and secure way to deliver their services.
In the UK & Ireland G4S consists of;
- Care & Justice Services (UK)
- Cash Solutions
- Facilities Management
- Islands including G4S Jersey/Guernsey and Isle of Man
- Secure Solutions (UK)
- Secure Solutions (Ireland)
- Technology (UK)
- Utility Services
G4S is a global company with a diverse employee team and we welcome applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Jobs that might be of interest:Security Officer/K232/129534/1
Apply now Security Officer/K242/123578/4
Apply now Corporate Area Security Officers/K242/124905
Apply now Dunfermline Event Customer Care Stewards
Apply now Edinburgh Event Customer Care Stewards