Area Operations Controller Belfast, United Kingdom Up to 24000
Area Operations ControllerLocation: Belfast, United Kingdom | Salary: Up to 24000 | Posted: 10 Aug 2022 | Contracted Hours: Full-time | Employee Status: Permanent | Reference: 748
AREA OPERATIONS CONTROLLER | SALARY - DEPENDENT ON EXPERIENCE
G4S Secure Solutions (UK) is the largest security solutions provider in the UK & Ireland and we are currently looking for an Area Operations Controller (AOC) to join our Deployment team based in the Belfast office. The role will report into the Operations Support Manager and is 40 hours per week.
The AOC will be responsible for maintaining a holistic overview of regional scheduling, assisting with covering absence and delivering various system and financial reports. This role is a highly focused customer service position with a high proportion of the role focusing on inbound and outbound calls, email correspondence and interacting with the wider workforce. This role is required to work flexibly with some evening and weekend work associated.
- You will have responsibility for the scheduling of staff and the associated administration duties covering a geographical area and day-to-day administration of tasks and will act as an overall support function for the operational area. The AOC is on Weekend Call on a rotational Basis
- Maintain scheduling of all employees and portfolios for, which the AOC covers ensuring delivery of 100% of contractual and temporary hours including holiday planning and absence management and swift resolution of unplanned absence at short notice. Conduct book on calls with sites
- Provide administrative support with scheduling databases and keep information up to date for, joiners, induction training, rosters, leavers, absence. Provide support and advice to Security Officer’s during working hours.
- Produce front line financial control by delivering employee work patterns in a cost effective manner. Produce timely and accurate reports.
- Ensure the schedule delivers customer requirements and confirm that planned deployment meets expectations against budgeted revenue and margin
- Support the administrative team in managing queries from the workforce regarding work schedules and making outbound calls when needed to fill last minute or dropped shifts or participate in call round evenings/workforce welfare calls
- Respond to last minute scheduling changes and clashes, reactively and proactively working with the Ops Support Manager and wider operations to ensure events workforce demands are met, escalating any impact last minute changes may have on the ability to deliver budget expectations
- Ensure compliance with internal, external and legal requirements as necessary including but not limited to working time directive, SIA, scheduling and procurement processes
- Demonstrate teamwork and collaboration across other departments within SSUKI to ensure the overall success of the business and sharing best practice
- Any other activities as reasonably required
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Experience of multiple office technology and software applications including Microsoft, clerical and administrative procedures, principles and practices of office management
- Requires high level of tact and integrity due variety and scope of different contacts and exposure to confidential data
- Able to work on own initiative and influence internal and external contacts
- Confident, well presented with excellent attention to detail
- Able to work in a demanding and busy environment
- Able to manage and coordinate complex and changing situations
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability with proven problem solving skills
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Previous scheduling experience
- Good level of numerical reasoning
- Previous experience using workforce management / T&A systems
- Good level of commercial awareness
- Good stakeholder engagement across a range of functions
- 5 years checkable work history
- Unrestricted right to work in the UK/EU
- Ability to analyse and interpret data
G4S offers employees the opportunity to work with well known clients, job security, competitive salary and benefits, and career opportunities to develop to more senior levels in our organisation.
G4S has a unique global footprint with operations across more than 80 countries. We have a truly global business with large established market positions in developed markets and outstanding positions in fast growing emerging markets.Through the company’s vast network of more than 800,000 employees, we leverage global best practices in communities all over the world. With revenues of $18 billion, we are supported by efficient processes and systems that can only come with scale to help deliver our promise locally: keeping people safe so our communities can thrive.
Our values are core to shaping the culture of our organisation, helping to guide, unite, differentiate and sustain us. They are integral to everything we do:
We act with INTEGRITY AND RESPECT.
We are passionate about SAFETY, SECURITY AND SERVICE EXCELLENCE.
We achieve this through INNOVATION AND TEAMWORK.
Jobs that might be of interest: