Area Operational Controller Glasgow, United Kingdom Up to £20,000 - £22,000
Area Operational ControllerLocation: Glasgow, United Kingdom | Salary: Up to £20,000 - £22,000 | Posted: 14 Jan 2020 | Closes: 13 Feb 2020 | Business Unit: UK Secure Solutions | Contracted Hours: Full-time | Employee Status: Permanent | Reference: 190001TJ-internal
- Proactively build and schedule BAU and major Events ensuring the system accurately reflects all activity within the area and ensuring that all Events are fully manned as efficiently as possible within the required timeframes
- Ensure the schedule delivers customer requirements and confirm that planned deployment meets expectations against budgeted revenue and margin
- Manage Events planning and system deployment through to invoicing including support for the operational teams with covering and scheduling last-minute absences, drop outs and no shows.
- Maintain all pre and post events administration and timesheets along with general day to day maintenance of the events booking system, ensuring accuracy of data and updating data when needed, following all GDPR guidelines as applicable.
- Interpret data and act on recommendations from the Ops Support Data Analyst to improve efficiency and workforce utilisation and mitigate cost
- Maintenance of system data including holidays, leavers, absence
- Primary contact for subcontractor resource providers where necessary
- Work within all G4S Events scheduling operating procedures, ensuring maximum compliance including WTD and RTW issues
- Support the administrative team in managing queries from the workforce regarding work schedules and making outbound calls when needed to fill last minute or dropped shifts or participate in call round evenings/workforce welfare calls
- Identify and communicate opportunities for improvement including cost reduction initiatives, ensuring such improvements are implemented with engagement and communication of relevant stakeholders and ensuring processes are updated to ensure consistent adoption
- Support the Head of Ops Support in relation to workforce engagement, creating innovative ways of engaging with the casual workers nationally to increase engagement, reduce attrition and improve workforce utilisation
- Contribute to the delivery of projects within Events and representing the Events business in broader initiatives as required
- Respond to last minute scheduling changes and clashes, reactively and proactively working with the Ops Support Manager and wider operations to ensure events workforce demands are met, escalating any impact last minute changes may have on the ability to deliver budget expectations
- Attendance at large greenfield Events as required, supporting the onsite welfare & administration teams with “back office” administration support and direction
- Edit, change and review any workforce schedules and timing corrections working within KPIs and SLAs on service delivery.
- Liaison with wider scheduling teams in guarding, to maximize and support with dropped shifts and red hours and maximizing work opportunities for the casual workforce to cover shifts.
- Ensure compliance with internal, external and legal requirements as necessary including but not limited to working time directive, SIA, scheduling and procurement processes
- Demonstrate teamwork and collaboration across other departments within SSUKI to ensure the overall success of the business and sharing best practice
- Input into company communication tools including newsletters and mailshots
- Any other activities as reasonably required
- Previous scheduling experience
- Good level of numerical reasoning
- Previous experience using workforce management / T&A systems
- Good level of commercial awareness
- Good stakeholder engagement across a range of functions
- Ability to analyse and interpret data
- Experience with Oracle
Managing with complexity
Teamwork and Collaboration
Jobs that might be of interest: