Area Manager - Mississauga Mississauga, ON Competitive
Area Manager - MississaugaLocation: Mississauga, ON | Salary: Competitive | Posted: 29 Jan 2021 | Closes: 28 Feb 2021 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: Canada | Region / Division: North America | Reference: G4S/TP/2239755/204610
PLEASE CLICK APPLY OR TEXT "JOBS" TO (855) 999-1463 FROM YOUR SMARTPHONE!
This position description assumes that the individual has satisfied all basic requirements for employment by G4S Secure Solutions (Canada) Inc., including, but not limited to: criminal police information check (CPIC) credit reference, background check, minimum age, and minimum education (high school diploma or foreign equivalency, or earned GED). Additionally, this job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The individual in this position is required to follow any other instructions and perform any other duties requested by this position’s management.
To ensure the provision of optimum client security services and contributes to district profitability by ensuring the effective supervision and control of all operational field activities in a manner consistent with regional management requirements and G4S Secure Solutions (Canada) Ltd. standards.
Generally, the Area Manager will as a single point of contact for all day to day service delivery needs for their client group. Their focus will be on client relationship building, retention and grow the business organically.
The Area Manager will provide support to the regional office and site supervisors, and ensure contract compliance by regularly inspecting and auditing each facility assigned to the region as well as ensuring appropriate staffing. The Area Manager must coordinate closely with all operational, management, and administrative sections of the regional office.
SPECIFIC DUTIES PERFORMED AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Acts as the single point of contact for assigned clients for all day to day service delivery; focused on client relationship building, retention and satisfaction
- Liaison and collaborating with internal resources to meet the needs of the client (e.g. Finance, Branch Operations, Control Centre); Develop annual financial expectations and profitability targets in partnership with the client
- Maintain overtime to a preset requirement designated by G4S.
- Identify and take appropriate action on opportunities to grow the business organically.
- Participate in the management and negotiation of contract renewals.
- Provide regular updates internally and to clients on the progress of new strategies and security programs.
- Ensure that weekly and monthly reporting (KPI/Scorecards) to the client is complete, meeting G4S and client standards/expectations.
- Act as primary point of communication with client, hosting regular calls and weekly/monthly meetings.
- Ensure that each new employee receives proper training commensurate with the job; responsibilities assigned and that all training is properly documented;
- Maintain the overtime percentage to the G4S standard;
- Complete updates of post orders annually, or more frequently, as required.
- Minimize negative turnover of personnel;
- Keep internal stakeholders informed of changes and updates to ongoing initiatives for the client.
Decision Making Authority:
- Selection of site and shift supervisory candidates and selection of personnel to assume increased responsibility
- Selection and placement of physical security personnel
- Changes to physical security surveys and post orders
- Implementing methods of reducing overtime
- Cross-training security guards to make them more versatile to various accounts
- Conduct annual performance appraisals for personnel under their direct supervision
- Make recommendations with regard to disciplinary action/commendation decisions pertaining to security personnel in conjunction with Regional or Branch Human Resources Manager.
Number of employees directly supervised: Varies
Their positions: Site Supervisor, Security Guard
Physical Requirements and Environments:
Major activity: Working on PC while sitting
Physical efforts to carry out job duties: Limited, to include some standing, bending, light lifting up to 10 pounds, and limited stretching and reaching
The Ideal Candidate:
Formal Education, Licenses and Certifications Required:
- Supervisory or Management experience preferably in a similar environment.
- Experience supervising in a unionized workforce is an asset
- College Diploma or equivalent. Post-Secondary education is considered an asset.
- Meet and maintain any applicable licensing or certification requirements.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Efficiency in oral and written communication
- Managing contract compliance
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications
- Superiour customer service orientation
- Coaching, mentoring, motivating
- Managing security staffing levels
- Basic understanding and comprehension of financial concepts
- Promotes Health & Safety in the workplace
- Provide regular updates internally and to clients on the progress of new strategies and security programs
About the Company:
G4S is an inclusive and equitable employer, encouraging applications from qualified women and men including persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, and Aboriginal persons.
G4S est un employeur inclusif et équitable, en encourageant les candidatures de femmes qualifiées et les hommes y compris les personnes handicapées, les membres des minorités visibles et les personnes autochtones.
Jobs that might be of interest:Sr. Construction Manager
Location: Willowbrook, Illinois
Apply now Director of Operations
Location: Livermore, California
Apply now Foreman
Location: Willowbrook, Illinois
Apply now Customer Service Manager
Location: Central London, United Kingdom
Apply now Security Supervisor
Location: Greater Manchester, United Kingdom