AREA DIRECTOR North of England and Scotland Competitive
AREA DIRECTORLocation: North of England and Scotland | Salary: Competitive | Posted: 31 Jan 2019 | Closes: 13 Feb 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Region / Division: UK & Ireland
G4S is the largest secure solutions company in the world, the second largest private employer on the London Stock Exchange and one of Britain’s top Employers. Our Cash Management Solutions business has expertise in cash and valuables transportation, cash processing, ATM and cash centre outsourcing, secure storage and retrieval.
As an employee of G4S Cash Solutions, each role will have specific responsibilities for the identification, management and control of risk in order to safeguard the business, staff, customers, assets and reputation. Every G4S employee has a role to play in understanding and supporting the business in embedding effective risk management controls and assurance and be integral to the effectiveness and success of G4S.
This role leads operational performance of the area consisting of 10 – 14 branches, ensuring that the branches and the area as a whole achieve both financial and non-financial objectives.
Responsible for the strategic leadership of the area, driving improved profitability, service excellence, safety and security of all branches. The role will also contribute to and implement operational and commercial initiatives to strengthen retention and grow business in the area, working closely with key business stakeholders and commercial departments.
- Contribute to and implement the area strategy for success
- Ensure the area has effective and efficient utilisation of resources, including network optimisation, labour and vehicles in through liaison with other Areas
- Ensure that robust and effective safety, security, and Regulatory standards are met and maintained across the area
- Demonstrate commercial focus and financial awareness when leading the area
- Use sound judgement to make timely decisions.
- Ensure efficient and effective processes are in place to deliver to exacting compliance standards and customer SLAs, ensuring cost effective delivery of excellent customer service
- Ensure the branch P&Ls are tightly managed and deliver on or above budgetary expectations
- Actively monitor the Area’s business performance against budgets, business plan and key milestones
- Implement policy decisions throughout the Area e.g. the introduction of new systems, performance management and organisational change
- Build, lead, engage and motivate the area team through energetically driving a culture of continuous improvement
- Take ownership of your own development plan to address current and future role requirements
- Develop the competencies of Branch General Managers and ensure effective succession plans are in place
- Take responsibility for performance management and development of direct reports
- Drive growth through gaining customers’ confidence and trust by demonstrating expertise, insight, empathy, consultative skills and commitment.
- Explore and develop growth, value and profit generating opportunities, working closely with colleagues in Sales as appropriate
- Provide an operational input into tenders and have active engagement with key customers
- Play an active role as part of the Senior Operations Team and the wider G4S Cash Solutions Leadership Team, working on or leading projects as appropriate
- Collaborate with your immediate peer group to ensure best practice adoption and consistency of approach across the business
- Liaise and work collaboratively with key stakeholders across the business, as appropriate
- Play a leading role in selected strategic projects, locally and nationally
- Ensure a constructive employee relations environment chairing appropriate consultative committees and undertake a role in disciplinary and grievance appeal procedures
- Work with professionalism, honesty and integrity maintaining confidentiality at all times
- Treat people fairly, with respect, impartiality and consistency and embrace the Company values
- Promote a positive external perception of the business and take steps to protect and enhance the brand and reputation
- Be open and honest in dealings with customers
This role profile will be subject to change in accordance with departmental developments and the job holder’s expertise.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Business related degree or equivalent
- Can demonstrate a successful management career, managing a multi-site operational environment with a medium to large business, ideally with a logistics / supply chain background
- Proven track record of success in delivering against a P&L
- Highly commercial and numerate with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Can demonstrate a collaborative, collegiate style with excellent interpersonal skills
- Proven track record in people management in a unionised environment
- Experience of driving change in a multi-site environment
- IT literate
- Proven decision making ability
- Works well under pressure
- Must be self-motivated, determined and able to work under own initiative
- Able to accommodate UK based travel and overnight stays
Jobs that might be of interest:Cash Centre Manager
Location: Harlow, Essex
Apply now Property Manager
Location: Victoria, London
Apply now Section Manager Rotherham
Location: Rotherham South Yorkshire
Apply now Contract Administrator
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Apply now Receptionist
Location: Galway, Ireland