Apprentice San Leandro, California Competitive
ApprenticeLocation: San Leandro, California | Salary: Competitive | Posted: 21 Jun 2018 | Closes: 31 Jan 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: US - G4S Secure Integration | Region / Division: G4S Technology | Reference: CA121118A
The successful candidate will be responsible for the installation and completion of multiple worldwide electronic security projects for various customers. Will understand the policies, procedures, standards, and the goals of the organization and will direct the execution of all aspects of installations with those in mind.
- Self performs and manages subcontractors in the installation of intrusion detection, access control, IP Video & CCTV and data communication systems. On-site work will include installation and configuration of head-end computer systems, installation, termination, and calibration of field devices and sensors, and installation of communication infrastructure including conduit, enclosures and fiber optic cables.
- Assists System Engineers with installation plans.
- Assists in site surveys. Assists in developing cost estimates and procuring equipment and installation materials.
- Completes job status reports, travel expense reports, safety logs, as-built drawings, and other documentation as required.
- Organizes and coordinates weekly meetings to discuss installation activities, changes, and developments with the customer and site personnel.
- Conducts government-witnessed testing of installed systems with Project Superintendent or Systems Engineer.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
The Ideal Candidate:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Associates degree in electronics, electrical systems or related field with four years of field experience or equivalent combination of collegiate education and experience. Must have extensive knowledge of electronics, electrical systems, computer programming, as well as site management and installation experience. Experience in dealing with Department of Defense personnel preferred. Employees should also be adept in the use of the following or similar systems: AMAG, Salient, Avigilon, Software House, Hirsch Electronics, Radionics, Honeywell, Lenel, J-SIIDS, Pelco CCTV, and Bosch CCTV. Successful candidates must be able to pass drug screening, possess a valid driver’s license, be able to obtain and maintain a valid US passport and Department of Defense SECRET clearance (as a minimum). Domestic US and overseas travel will be required.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret engineering and construction drawings and specifications, common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and other documents. Communicates effectively in both oral and written English technical language, both in interpreting requirements and providing reports.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret a variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to sit; use hand and fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The incumbent is required to walk daily on construction sites in rough terrain, and climb ladders and facilities under construction. The incumbent is occasionally required to stand for long periods of time. The incumbent may be required to lift and/or move up to 10 lbs. And occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent regularly may split time between work in a semi-quiet construction office environment and on construction sites, where there is moderate to occasional great noise levels. Travel is required.
About the Company:
Why work for G4S Secure Integration?
- Global experts in the assessment, design, construction, maintenance and management of communication networks and electronic security systems
- Over 20 Years of proven experience as an established large-scale systems integrator providing unified communications and security solutions
- Financially Sound Company, Highly Regarded by Customers & Industry Peers
- Highly Competitive Compensation Plan & Comprehensive Benefits Package
G4S Secure Integration is a systems integrator that brings innovative, flexible and cost efficient thinking to the design, construction and maintenance of stand-alone or integrated communication networks and electronic security systems. For over two decades, we have offered commercial, industrial and governmental clients an efficient single point of contact for all their project issues. A trusted partner to customers and suppliers around the world, G4S Secure Integration takes great pride in delivering outstanding technology, superior customer service and a great return on investment.
G4S Secure Integration has deployed over 2 million fiber miles in more than 200 metropolitan and rural areas and completed over 1,500 large-scale, electronic security systems projects in the United States, Europe, Asia, Central America, and the Middle East.
Headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska, G4S Secure Integration is managed by executives from the telecommunications, construction and security industries. For more information, visit the company’s website at www.g4s.us or call (866) 221-5641.
We offer an attractive, competitive compensation plan, an outstanding comprehensive benefits package, and significant opportunity for professional growth and advancement in the rapidly expanding security/telecommunications industry. We strongly encourage inquiries from qualified women and minority candidates. While interest from all applicants for employment with G4S Secure Integration is genuinely appreciated, we can respond only to those candidates with qualifications closest to the job requirements. For confidential consideration, please visit http://technologycareers.g4s.com/ and apply on-line. No phone calls please.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Jobs that might be of interest:Security Technician II
Location: Livermore, California
Apply now Security Technician II
Location: Livermore, California
Apply now Security Technician II
Location: Menlo Park, California
Apply now Threat Analyst
Location: Santa Clara, California
Apply now Emergency Response Team Officer
Location: San Mateo, California