Applications Engineer Atlanta, Georgia Competitive
Applications EngineerLocation: Atlanta, Georgia | Salary: Competitive | Posted: 1 Mar 2019 | Closes: 31 May 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: US - G4S Secure Integration | Region / Division: G4S Technology
G4S is looking for an Applications Engineer to work in conjunction with the Project Manager and can be the primary resource responsible to support the planning, field-level implementation and successful completion of all installations.
- Contribute to the design of the systems and solutions to be sent to the field for installation. Provide installation support during the commissioning of these systems until each project has been successfully completed and accepted by the client.
- Design and engineer complex computer and network-based security solutions by integrating standard and non-standard security and IT components.
- Review sales documentation against customer expectations and will work with Project Management to establish a plan to meet and/or exceed project goals, timelines, and milestones.
- Help evaluate and contribute to the never ending improvement of our products and our processes utilizing knowledge, experience and feedback.
- Ensure that submittals, equipment, support, etc. are delivered to project management on schedule; they are technologically correct; and that they are properly documented and supported.
- Closely follow each installation assigned to them and together with the Project Manager supports each project to the point of client acceptance and turnover to Customer Support.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s in in Computer Systems or Electrical Engineering is preferred.
- 5+ years of computer and/or electronics industry experience.
- Proficiency in the following area is highly desirable:
- Networking, computer systems design, low voltage networks and communications.
- PC’s, monitors, networks and networking equipment, CCTV hardware and cameras and other industry standard security solutions.
- Designing, implementing, and troubleshooting complex LAN and WAN network topologies.
- Routing, switching, firewalls and VPN’s.
- Serial, RF, Fiber Optic, Cellular, Ethernet, etc.
- Strong PC Skills including MS Word, Excel, Project, Visio, Outlet, etc.
- Experience with AutoCAD 2007 LT
About the Company:
G4S brings your systems together. We design, build and maintain stand-alone and integrated security systems. A trusted partner to customers and suppliers, G4S takes great pride in delivering outstanding expertise and superior service.
We have the ability to provide full turnkey services: taking a customer’s requirements, developing the concept, designing the network, selecting the product that best fits the requirements, and completing the installation.
Why Work for G4S?
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Disability Plans
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401(k) match
- Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays
- Employee referral program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Professional Certification Reimbursement
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
VEVRAA Federal Contractor