Applications Engineer II City of Industry, California Competitive
Applications Engineer IILocation: City of Industry, California | Salary: Competitive | Posted: 14 Jan 2019 | Closes: 31 May 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: US Retail/Cash Solutions | Region / Division: Americas | Reference: CA011419AEII
G4S Secure Integration is looking for an Applications Engineer II to work in conjunction with the project management to support the planning, field-level implementation, and successful completion of all installations.
- The Application Engineer acts as the in-house, inter-departmental liaison
- The successful candidate will contribute to the design of the systems and solutions to be sent to the field for installation. They will be expected to interface with other departments within the organization to ensure that the systems and solutions have been properly configured, thoroughly tested and are ready for delivery and installation. They will also be expected to provide installation support during the commissioning of these systems until each project has been successfully completed and accepted by the client.
- Ensure that submittals, equipment, support, etc. are delivered to project management on schedule; they are technologically correct; and that they are properly documented and supported.
- Using information provided by Sales, Project Management and other departments, the successful candidate is able to design/engineer complex computer and network-based security solutions by integrating standard and non-standard security and IT components.
- The successful candidate will be responsible to bring a complete, value-engineered system design together with a focus towards functionality, cost, and reliability.
- In this position, the Application Engineer will review sales documentation against customer expectations and will work with Project Management to establish a plan to meet and/or exceed project goals, timelines, and milestones.
- Application Engineering will refine the design of the system/solution to be delivered and will generate drawings and documentation from system level design to individual device interconnects.
- The successful candidate is proficient in the use of CAD software. They are able to create project drawings and submittals including the layout of the electrical system within the architectural drawling, risers, typicals, etc., and will be responsible to create “as-builts” and compile project closeout documentation as required upon project completion and turn it over to Support.
- Closely follows each installation assigned to them and together with the Project Manager supports each project to the point of client acceptance and turnover to Customer Support.
- All phases of the post-sale delivery process must operate at peak efficiency. In this role, the successful candidate will be expected to help evaluate and contribute to the never ending improvement of our products and our processes utilizing knowledge, experience and feedback.
- Occasional travel may be required.
The Ideal Candidate:
- A B.S. in Computer Systems or Electrical Engineering is preferred.
- Candidate must have 3-5 years of computer and/or electronics industry experience.
- A combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Expertise with networking, computer systems design, low voltage networks and communications.
- Must possess in-depth knowledge of security system hardware and its capability and operation including: PC’s, monitors, networks and networking equipment, CCTV hardware and cameras and other industry standard security solutions.
- The successful candidate must be capable of designing, implementing, and troubleshooting complex, highly scalable, highly redundant LAN and WAN network topologies.
- A solid understanding of routing, switching, firewalls and VPN’s is also required.
- Candidate must be knowledgeable with communication protocols including: Serial, RF, Fiber Optic, Cellular, Ethernet, etc. Strong PC Skills including MS Word, Excel, Project, Visio, Outlet, etc.
- Experience with AutoCAD to produce system documentation, submittal drawings and as built drawings is a definite plus.
- Must be highly organized and able to work in a dynamic, cutting edge, often high-pressure environment with rapidly changing priorities, but able to remain focused towards consistently delivering quality systems and solutions of varying sizes and levels of complexity.
About the Company:
G4S brings your systems together. We design, build and maintain stand-alone and integrated security systems. A trusted partner to customers and suppliers, G4S takes great pride in delivering outstanding expertise and superior service.
We have the ability to provide full turnkey services: taking a customer’s requirements, developing the concept, designing the network, selecting the product that best fits the requirements, and completing the installation.
Why Work for G4S?
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Disability Plans
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401(k) match
- Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays
- Employee referral program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Professional Certification Reimbursement
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Jobs that might be of interest: