Applications Analyst Rochester, New York Competitive
Applications AnalystLocation: Rochester, New York | Salary: Competitive | Posted: 10 Feb 2021 | Closes: 30 Nov 2021 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: US - G4S Secure Integration | Region / Division: G4S Technology | Reference: NY021021AA
G4S Secure Integration is looking for an experienced Applications Analyst to perform advanced troubleshooting, programming, scripting, and service analysis for the security program. This is a customer facing position that interfaces with Security Technical, ICT, and customer management on a daily basis.
- Export and import data from/to various formats like delimited raw/text file, MS-Excel, XML, SQL Server, MS-Access, etc. Transfer of data between various servers and/or data sources. Ability to restore databases and individual tables upon request.
- Provide on call support for critical production systems
- Perform special project assignments from the Applications Supervisor or client management
- Apply all technical training received on systems to the client live environment
- Maintain systems as directed by the Applications manager and client management
- Work closely with system manufacturer professional services and help desks as required, to ensure program success
- Manage the integration of multiple vendor schedules to meet with client deliverables
- Manage software testing of changes and additions to standard security system design
- Generate various reports as requested by management
- Cooperates with other team members in a highly sensitive, critical infrastructure environment to facilitate completion of project schedules and tasks
- Make all adjustments or changes to systems as directed by the Applications Manager or client management
- Recommend process improvements and beneficial program enhancements
- Follow all operations policies and procedures
- Engage in a planned program of professional development, coordinated goals and responsibilities and maintain continued growth in professional skills and knowledge essential to the position
- Keep current with the latest technologies
- Other duties as assigned by supervision.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field preferred
- 5 + years of experience in a similar position
- Advanced knowledge of computer OS, networks, and program specific user interfaces and professional certifications a plus
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models
- Experience with Windows, Linux, and Active Directory
- Experience writing SQL queries, analyzing query performance using query plans and tuning query performance
- Experience with C#, C++, Visual Basic, Python, HTMLS, or Visual Studio preferred
- Possess excellent communication skills and the ability to work well and interact with other team members
- Ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision; must be a self-starter and quick learner.
- Must possess strong problem-solving, leadership and interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
About the Company:
G4S brings your systems together. We design, build and maintain stand-alone and integrated security systems. A trusted partner to customers and suppliers, G4S takes great pride in delivering outstanding expertise and superior service.
We have the ability to provide full turnkey services: taking a customer’s requirements, developing the concept, designing the network, selecting the product that best fits the requirements, and completing the installation.
Why Work for G4S?
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Disability Plans
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401(k) match
- Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays
- Employee referral program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Professional Certification Reimbursement
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Jobs that might be of interest: