Application Support Analyst: G4S Deposita South Africa Samrand Market related
Application Support Analyst: G4S Deposita South AfricaLocation: Samrand | Salary: Market related | Posted: 19 Mar 2021 | Closes: 15 Aug 2021 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: South Africa - Cash Solutions | Region / Division: Cash Division | Reference: G4S/TP/2716490/207567
Package is commensurate with the complexity and seniority of the role and in line with G4S remuneration policies.
Application Support Analyst
G4S Deposita has a vacancy for an Application Support Analyst based in Samrand.
Reporting to the Lead: Systems Support, the Application Support Analyst is responsible for ensuring the accurate and timorous administration/completion of the Software Support process in line with company policies and procedures.
The successful incumbent is a self-starter with a proven track record in maintaining company policy, adopting best practices, and is able to exercise sound judgement in the pursuit of the achievement of the goals of the organisation, and understanding the role which Software Support plays within a successful business unit. The incumbent will be expected to be results driven and to live the values of the organisation.
Main purpose of the position:
To maintain and support systems and applications in production.
Support live products
- Provide 1st line support to users within agreed time frames
- Record all incidents in JIRA as well as their updates and resolutions under the support project
- Escalate according to SLA's
Monitor live products
- Monitor performance of live products and raise issues identified
- Monitor newly deployed applications using the tools and know when to raise alarms
- Provide, daily, weekly and monthly support summaries through JIRA
- Monitor live applications for any performance degradation and down time
- Thoroughly execute test cases before a story is complete
- Ensure there are no trivial bugs that were missed
- Execute regression testing so that no bugs are introduced into production on critical processes.
Health and Safety (as every employee's responsibility)
- Participate in the design/ development/ review/ implementation and monitoring of the branch/region/national safety plans for each year.
- Participate in safety forums created by company for example safety meetings and safety talks
- Report all safety incidents to the relevant people
- Discuss all safety incidents on all levels
- Follow-up on any activities assigned through safety meeting/committee/representative/management
- Attend safety education and refresher programs
- Comply with safety policies and procedures at workplace
- Distribute safety information as and when required
- Wear protective clothing all the time
The Ideal Candidate:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in applications / systems support
- Diploma in IT or equivalent
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work overtime and / or irregular hours to provide support to clients both locally and internationally
About the Company:
G4S is the world’s leading international security solutions group, which specialises in outsourced business processes in sectors where security and safety risks are considered a strategic threat. G4S is the largest employer quoted on the London Stock Exchange and has a secondary stock exchange listing in Copenhagen. G4S has operations in more than 125 countries and 657,000 employees.
G4S operates in over 25 countries in Africa and employs over 105 000 people on the continent. At G4S South Africa, our vision is to be recognised as the leader in providing security solutions. We therefore endeavour to build and maintain a motivated, capable workforce who are proud to work for our region and able to deliver our commercial strategy. We continue to build on the excellent people management practices which are in place across the Group in order to fully engage our workforce.
G4S is an organisation which is defined by its values, which are:
- We act with Integrity and Respect - Our business activities and relationships are built on trust, honesty and openness. We do what we promise and always strive to do the right thing. We listen. We treat our colleagues, customers and those in our care with the utmost respect.
- We are passionate about Safety, Security and Service Excellence - We are passionate about working safely and take great care to protect our colleagues and customers from harm. We are experts in security and use that knowledge to protect our customer’s assets. We keep our promises and are passionate about delivering high levels of customer service.
- We achieve this through Innovation and Teamwork - We invest in technology and best practice to continuously improve the products and services we offer. We challenge ourselves to find new ways of helping our customers achieve their goals. We work together as a team, valuing everyone’s contribution, to ensure we achieve the best results for our customers and our business.
For more information on G4S, please visit: www.g4s.com
Jobs that might be of interest:Java Developer: G4S Deposita South Africa
Apply now IT Consultant (6 months Fixed term contract)
Location: Worksop, Nottinghamshire S81 7QF - Home based with travel - South Yorkshire area
Apply now Information Assurance Manager
Location: Wellingborough, Northamptonshire
Apply now IT Field Engineer (4 months fixed-term contract)
Location: Wellingborough NN8 2NG
Apply now IT Network Engineer (3 months fixed-term contract)
Location: Wellingborough NN8 2NG