Anglican Chaplain Wellingborough £30,000
Anglican ChaplainLocation: Wellingborough | Salary: £30,000 | Posted: 29 Nov 2021 | Closes: 13 Dec 2021 | Job Type: Full Time and Permanent | Business Unit: UK Central Government Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 10702
HMP FIVE WELLS, WELLINGBOROUGH
£30,000 per annum, Full Time
Excellent Company benefits including Contributory Pension
This is a great opportunity to be a part of something exciting!
Rarely does an opportunity to make your mark and further your career come up like this. A brand new contract, large scale employment opportunities; HMP Five Wells in Wellingborough will set a new standard for new build prisons of the future, using forward-thinking design and technology. The Prison will be the UK’s first purpose-built, new resettlement Prison. With the expected opening in early 2022, a one of a kind new generation category C new build Prison for the future; HMP Five Wells will be an integral part of the local community.
G4S Care & Rehabilitation Services (CaRS) already successfully manages 4 prisons, one secure training centre and a number of community contracts in England and Wales. The philosophy of our prisons is to rehabilitate offenders and equip them to re-integrate into mainstream society on release. We seek to normalise prison conditions as far as possible to reflect life in the outside community. Our aim is to create an environment in which staff and prisoners feel safe.
We are now looking for an Anglican Chaplain, to join our forward thinking multi-faith team of Faith Advisors, reporting to the manager of religious affairs (Managing Chaplain) as we aim to inspire, educate and equip our residents and staff through faith and belief.
To succeed in this role, you will be a dynamic and engaging individual, who shares our ethics and values. You must deliver an exceptional service and can be flexible in working within a fast paced environment. You will also need to have excellent communication skills.
The successful candidate will need to be accredited as an ordained member or licensed reader within the Anglican Communion. You will be involved in providing Faith and Pastoral Care services for all who live and work in HMP Five Wells, irrespective of faith or tradition. You will be expected to take a lead on Faith issues relating to the needs of those from the Anglican faith tradition and will be involved in leading Christian ecumenical Sunday services, including sacramental provision as appropriate. You will be expected to maintain and develop strong links with the local faith community in order to facilitate good resettlement outcomes for Prisoners upon their release.
Some of the key responsibilities of this role are:
- Act as faith advisor in the establishment providing advice, pastoral care and spiritual welfare to prisoners, staff and their families as requested
- Facilitate and deliver opportunities for worship study and religious programmes
- Contribute towards the development of local policy, procedures and practice
- Provide mentoring and personal support for other chaplains and volunteers including following incidents
- Be part of the provision of available and accessible chaplaincy care at all times
- Plan and lead worship and prayer / faith specific meetings
- Provide pastoral care to prisoners and help to provide support and bring resolution to crisis situations where required
- Nurture Chaplaincy volunteers in their contribution
- Facilitate services provided by contractors and volunteers
- Work collaboratively with other Chaplains on the maintenance and provision of facilities for worship and prayer
- Ensure your prison community is aware of relevant religious events and coordinate establishment support for these
- Acquire and distribute appropriate religious literature, supplies and materials
- Contribute to training programmes and materials for staff and volunteers
- Be proactive in forging links with their local faith communities and other agencies as relevant and consider ways in which these communities/ agencies may become involved in mentoring prisoners on release.
- Take responsibility for your own spiritual health and development, allowing time for private prayer, study and retreat.
The Ideal Candidate:
It’s key that you are flexible and adaptable to deal with ever-changing scenarios within the prison. You will be supported by an enthusiastic and committed team at HMP Five Wells.
Equality and Diversity is an important part of G4S Custody and Rehabilitation Services. We actively encourage applications from a diverse range of backgrounds.
Please note that these vacancies are subject to a 5 year checkable history and the strict vetting standards set by G4S, and Her Majesties Prison and Probation Service and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
You must be eligible to work in the UK and must have been resident in the UK for a minimum period of 3 years. You will also need to provide full details of your employment and education history for the last 5 years as part of the security screening process for this role.
Please note for internal candidates, your Director/Line Manager will be made aware of your initial application
Jobs that might be of interest:Free Church Chaplain
Apply now Roman Catholic Chaplain
Apply now Muslim Chaplain
Apply now Prison Custody Officer - *BRAND NEW BUILD*
Apply now Prison Custody Officer - *BRAND NEW BUILD*