Ambulance Driver -UCLH (Afternoons and Nights) North West London £9.68 plus bonus
Ambulance Driver -UCLH (Afternoons and Nights)Location: North West London | Salary: £9.68 plus bonus | Posted: 25 Jun 2020 | Closes: 20 Aug 2020 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: UK Patient Transport Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 8744
Ambulance Care Assistants, (Nights)– (Full training will be provided)
- Warren Street (Northern / Victoria Lines)
- Euston Square (Circle / Hammersmith & City / Metropolitan Lines)
We are seeking enthusiastic, people with a caring disposition to join our team at UCLH. As an ambulance care assistant (ACA) you will play an important role transporting patients for hospital appointments and ensuring they return safely home again.
The role involves driving, or assisting as part of a crew, patients with different requirements based on their mobility classification. The job purpose is to provide and maintain a caring environment for these patients and provide a safe transport service, maintaining high standards of patient and timeliness. Full comprehensive training is provided for the first 2-3 weeks and then mentoring with more experienced ACA’s. If interested, staff can go on to develop and learn more skills transporting and looking after patients with more complex
medical needs. All this can be provided at a pace to suit our staff. We are developing training pathways at different levels up to paramedic standards which, as you progress, increases earnings and provides at truly long term and rewarding career.
Other benefits and rewards of working for such a large organisation are:
- Eye Care Vouchers – Free eye-tests/discounts for VDU users
- Hospital Saturday Fund (HSF) Health Plan
- Charity work- Match-IT and Payroll Giving
- Employee Care Scheme (Best Doctors and First Assist Counselling Services)
- Refer A Friend Scheme
- Love to Shop Campaigns
The Ideal Candidate:
In return, you will be provided with a G4S uniform, the opportunity to enrol into a company Pension scheme and G4S Life Assurance scheme and access to discounts including retails, dining and travel.
This role requires the ability to work with vulnerable, frail people, with the need for medical treatment at hospitals in a caring and compassionate way. Because we are dealing with the vulnerable in a patient care environment, a full enhanced DBS check is required.
Safety is of paramount importance and the post holder must ensure that safe systems of work are followed without compromise. The post holder needs to be committed to maintaining high standards of customer care and service delivery that will include the responsibility of adequate safeguarding and prevent training and awareness and an understanding of reporting concerns to the line manager.
- Full UK Manual Driving Licence required
- Willing to undergo suitable training such as manual handling, first aid at work, and advanced driving where needed.
- A caring attitude towards patients and the ability to show empathy
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Physically fit able to lift and support patients.
- Commitment to the service we provide for our patients
Please note that commitment to 2 weeks of training is mandatory
Jobs that might be of interest:Ambulance Driver - Queen Elizabeth Hospital
Apply now Ambulance Driver - RNOH
Location: North West London
Apply now Ambulance Driver (Care Assistant) - Dartford
Location: Dartford, Kent
Apply now Ambulance Driver (ACA) - Barking Havering & Redbridge
Location: London, Greater London
Apply now Ambulance Driver (Care Assistant) - Tonbridge
Location: Tonbridge, Kent