Ambulance Driver - Queen Elizabeth Hospital Woolwich £9.61
Ambulance Driver - Queen Elizabeth HospitalLocation: Woolwich | Salary: £9.61 | Posted: 9 May 2019 | Closes: 4 Jul 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: UK Patient Transport Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 7241
Queen Elizabeth Hospital - Woolwich, SE18 4QH
£9.61 per hour
Full Time - 45 hours per week
We are seeking enthusiastic, people with a caring disposition to join our team at Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Woolwich. As an ambulance care assistant (ACA) you will play an important role transporting patients for hospital appointments and ensuring they return safely home again.
The role involves driving, or assisting as part of a crew, patients with different requirements based on their mobility classification. The job purpose is to provide and maintain a caring environment for these patients and provide a safe transport service, maintaining high standards of patient and timeliness. Full comprehensive training is provided for the first 2-3 weeks and then mentoring with more experienced ACA’s. If interested, staff can go on to develop and learn more skills transporting and looking after patients with more complex medical needs. All this can be provided at a pace to suit our staff. We are developing training pathways at different levels up to paramedic standards which, as you progress, increases earnings and provides at truly long term and rewarding career.
- To understand patients special needs and mobility to ensure their safe transport.
- To deal with patients in a sensitive and emphatic manner to ensure the patients dignity and respect is maintained.
- Communicate and act to promote teamwork and ensure high standards of service delivery.
- Minimise and deal with aggressive and abusive behaviour to reduce risks to safety and ensure patient welfare.
- Maintain the cleanliness and ensure the routine daily checks of designated vehicles are carried out prior to deployment.
- Provide support as directed to other agencies in the event of serious injury or emergency
- To report to the appropriate Dispatcher as directed within operational procedures in updating location and status.
- To move and handle patients using appropriate equipment where necessary eg. carrying patients up the stairs using carry chair, moving immobile patients in and out of bed, and manoeuvring patients in wheelchairs and on stretchers as necessary.
- To be flexible on a daily basis in relation to shift finishing times.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Full UK Manual Driving Licence required
- Willing to undergo suitable training such as manual handling, first aid at work, and advanced driving where needed.
- A caring attitude towards patients and the ability to show empathy.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Physically fit.
- Commitment to the service we provide for our patients.
In return, you will be provided with a G4S uniform, the opportunity to earn a monthly bonus incentive, enrolment into a company Pension scheme and G4S Life Assurance scheme and access to discounts including retails, dining and travel.
This role requires the ability to work with vulnerable, frail people, with the need for medical treatment at hospitals in a caring and compassionate way. Because we are dealing with the vulnerable in a patient care environment, a full enhanced DBS check is required.
The safety of our staff and patients is of paramount importance and the post holder must ensure that safe systems of work are followed without compromise. The post holder needs to be committed to maintaining high standards of customer care and service delivery.
Other benefits and rewards of working for such a large organisation are:
- Child Care vouchers
- Eye Care Vouchers – Free eye-tests/discounts for VDU users
- Hospital Saturday Fund (HSF) Health Plan
- Charity work- Match-IT and Payroll Giving
- Employee Care Scheme (Best Doctors and First Assist Counselling Services)
- Refer A Friend Scheme
- Love to Shop Campaigns
Jobs that might be of interest:Ambulance Driver - Queen Elizabeth Hospital
Apply now Ambulance Driver - UCLH
Location: North West London
Apply now Ambulance Driver (Care Assistant) - Tonbridge
Location: Tonbridge, Kent
Apply now Ambulance Driver - Lewisham
Apply now Ambulance Driver (Care Assistant) - Maidstone