Ambulance Driver - Maidstone Maidstone £8.26
Ambulance Driver - MaidstoneLocation: Maidstone | Salary: £8.26 | Posted: 10 May 2019 | Closes: 5 Jul 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: UK Patient Transport Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 7803
Ambulance Care Assistants – (Full training will be provided)
Location: Maidstone, Kent
Salary: £8.26 per hour
Full Time vacancies (various shifts available)
42.5 hours per week
We are seeking enthusiastic, people with a caring disposition to join our team in Maidstone. As an ambulance care assistant (ACA) you will play an important role transporting patients for hospital appointments and ensuring they return safely home again.
Job Outline: The Ambulance Person will provide patient transport services, convey non-emergency patients to and from hospital and clinic appointments ensuring the patient’s welfare in transit and ensuring that safety and best practice are adhered to at all times
- Assist, move and handle patients, who may be ambulatory or wheelchair bound, using appropriate equipment where necessary e.g. carrying patients up the stairs using carry chair, moving immobile patients in and out of bed, and manoeuvring patients in wheelchairs into and out of the vehicle and on stretchers as necessary. Ensure patients are safely seated whilst in transit.
- Minimise and deal with aggressive and abusive behaviour to reduce risks to safety and ensure patient welfare
- Ensure the use of appropriate equipment and approved manual handling techniques
- Maintain the cleanliness and ensure the routine daily checks of designated vehicles are carried out prior to deployment
- Assist patients when entering and leaving their homes and take all reasonable actions to ensure the safety and security of their property.
- Liaise and report to Control as directed within operational procedures in updating location and status and respond appropriately to instructions
- Upon arrival at the place of treatment, convey patients to the appropriate location within the building as directed by Control.
- Provide support as directed to other agencies in the event of serious injury or emergency
- To be flexible on a daily basis in relation to shift finishing times
- To be flexible on a daily basis to support all PTS hospitals/locations where applicable
- Maintain records as appropriate. Comply with all G4S instructions, procedures, guidelines, protocols, policies and relevant systems and adhere to all statutory legislation
- Carry out any other duties relevant to the role as directed by Control and/or the Service Delivery Manager.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Full UK driving license required
- Experience of similar related role
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Application of common sense approach
- Physically fit able to lift patients.
- A caring attitude towards patients and an outgoing, friendly manner, able to show empathy
- The post holder must be willing to undergo suitable training including Manual Handling, Risk Assessment, Customer Services, client induction, advanced driving and first aid.
- Demonstrate high level of commitment to the provision of an efficient and effective service
- Ability to work to deadlines, at times under considerable pressure, without compromising standards of performance, calm under pressure
- Completed, clear DBS check
- The job also requires that crew members are flexible to fit in with fluctuation in service demand or operational need on the contract, i.e. a flexible working pattern
- Basic literacy and numeracy are required. Formal qualifications (apart from a full, current UK driving license) are less important than the appropriate manner and attitude to patients, clients and colleagues.
- Geographical knowledge of the local area to be worked within
- Knowledge of Patient Transport Services
In return, you will be provided with a G4S uniform, the opportunity to earn a monthly bonus incentive, enrolment into a company Pension scheme and G4S Life Assurance scheme and access to discounts including retails, dining and travel.
This role requires the ability to work with vulnerable, frail people, with the need for medical treatment at hospitals in a caring and compassionate way. Because we are dealing with the vulnerable in a patient care environment, a full enhanced DBS check is required.
Safety is of paramount importance and the post holder must ensure that safe systems of work are followed without compromise. The post holder needs to be committed to maintaining high standards of customer care and service delivery that will include the responsibility of adequate safeguarding and prevent training and awareness and an understanding of reporting concerns to the line manager.
Jobs that might be of interest:Ambulance Driver - Tonbridge
Location: Tonbridge, Kent
Apply now Mental Health Ambulance Care Assistant- Kent & Medway
Apply now Ambulance Driver - Ashford
Location: Ashford, Kent
Apply now Mental Health Ambulance Care Assistant- Queen Elizabeth Hospital
Location: Woolwich, Greater London
Apply now Ambulance Driver - RNOH
Location: North West London