Ambulance Driver (Care Assistant) - Dartford Dartford, Kent £8.26
Ambulance Driver (Care Assistant) - DartfordLocation: Dartford, Kent | Salary: £8.26 | Posted: 31 Jul 2019 | Closes: 28 Aug 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: UK Patient Transport Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 7982
Ambulance Care Assistants – (Full training will be provided)
Location: Dartford, Kent DA1 1RT
Salary: £8.26 per hour
Full Time vacancies (various shifts available)
Job outline: The Ambulance Person will provide patient transport services, convey non-emergency patients to and from hospital and clinic appointments ensuring the patient’s welfare in transit and ensuring that safety and best practice are adhered to at all times
We are seeking enthusiastic, people with a caring disposition to join our team in Dartford. As an ambulance care assistant (ACA) you will play an important role transporting patients for hospital appointments and ensuring they return safely home again.
The role involves driving, or assisting as part of a crew, patients with different requirements based on their mobility classification. The job purpose is to provide and maintain a caring environment for these patients and provide a safe transport service, maintaining high standards of patient and timeliness. Full comprehensive training is provided for the first 2-3 weeks and then mentoring with more experienced ACA’s. If interested, staff can go on to develop and learn more skills transporting and looking after patients with more complex medical needs. All this can be provided at a pace to suit our staff. We are developing training pathways at different levels up to paramedic standards which, as you progress, increases earnings and provides at truly long term and rewarding career.
Other benefits and rewards of working for such a large organisation are:
- Child Care vouchers
- Eye Care Vouchers – Free eye-tests/discounts for VDU users
- Hospital Saturday Fund (HSF) Health Plan
- Charity work- Match-IT and Payroll Giving
- Employee Care Scheme (Best Doctors and First Assist Counselling Services)
- Refer A Friend Scheme
- Love to Shop Campaigns
The Ideal Candidate:
- Full UK Manual Driving Licence required
- Willing to undergo suitable training such as manual handling, first aid at work, and advanced driving where needed.
- A caring attitude towards patients and the ability to show empathy
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Physically fit.
- Commitment to the service we provide for our patients
- The job also requires that crew members are flexible to fit in with fluctuation in service demand or operational need on the contract, i.e. a flexible working pattern
- Basic literacy and numeracy are required. Formal qualifications (apart from a full, current UK driving license) are less important than the appropriate manner and attitude to patients, clients and colleagues.
- Geographical knowledge of the local area to be worked within
- Knowledge of Patient Transport Services
In return, you will be provided with a G4S uniform, the opportunity to earn a monthly bonus incentive, enrolment into a company Pension scheme and G4S Life Assurance scheme and access to discounts including retails, dining and travel.
This role requires the ability to work with vulnerable, frail people, with the need for medical treatment at hospitals in a caring and compassionate way. Because we are dealing with the vulnerable in a patient care environment, a full enhanced DBS check is required.
Safety is of paramount importance and the post holder must ensure that safe systems of work are followed without compromise. The post holder needs to be committed to maintaining high standards of customer care and service delivery that will include the responsibility of adequate safeguarding and prevent training and awareness and an understanding of reporting concerns to the line manager.
Jobs that might be of interest:Ambulance Driver - UCLH
Location: North West London
Apply now Ambulance Driver (Care Assistant) - Tonbridge
Location: Tonbridge, Kent
Apply now Ambulance Driver (Care Assistant) - Maidstone
Apply now Senior Rota Coordinator
Location: Chelmsford, Essex
Apply now Rota Coordinator
Location: Chelmsford, Essex