Ambulance Care Assistant - Maidstone Maidstone, Kent £8.26
Ambulance Care Assistant - MaidstoneLocation: Maidstone, Kent | Salary: £8.26 | Posted: 18 Oct 2018 | Closes: 13 Dec 2018 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: UK Patient Transport Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 6850
Location: Maidstone, Kent
Salary: £8.26 per hour
Hours: Full Time, 42.5 hours per week (Part Time hours also available)
The Ambulance Person will provide patient transport services, convey non-emergency patients to and from hospital and clinic appointments ensuring the patient’s welfare in transit and ensuring that safety and best practice are adhered to at all times.
- Assist, move and handle patients, who may be ambulatory or wheelchair bound, using appropriate equipment where necessary e.g. carrying patients up the stairs using carry chair, moving immobile patients in and out of bed, and manoeuvring patients in wheelchairs into and out of the vehicle and on stretchers as necessary. Ensure patients are safely seated whilst in transit.
- Minimise and deal with aggressive and abusive behaviour to reduce risks to safety and ensure patient welfare
- Ensure the use of appropriate equipment and approved manual handling techniques
- Maintain the cleanliness and ensure the routine daily checks of designated vehicles are carried out prior to deployment
- Assist patients when entering and leaving their homes and take all reasonable actions to ensure the safety and security of their property.
- Liaise and report to Control as directed within operational procedures in updating location and status and respond appropriately to instructions
- Upon arrival at the place of treatment, convey patients to the appropriate location within the building as directed by Control.
- Provide support as directed to other agencies in the event of serious injury or emergency
- To be flexible on a daily basis in relation to shift finishing times
- To be flexible on a daily basis to support all PTS hospitals/locations where applicable
- Maintain records as appropriate. Comply with all G4S instructions, procedures, guidelines, protocols, policies and relevant systems and adhere to all statutory legislation.
- Carry out any other duties relevant to the role as directed by Control and/or the Service Delivery Manager.
- Be aware of the vulnerability of some patients and ensure safeguarding concerns are reported and escalated should there be concerns about an individuals safety.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Full driving license required
- Experience of similar related role
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Application of common sense approach
- Physically fit able to lift patients.
- A caring attitude towards patients and an outgoing, friendly manner, able to show empathy
- The post holder must be willing to undergo suitable training including Manual Handling, Risk Assessment, Customer Services, client induction, advanced driving and first aid.
- Demonstrate high level of commitment to the provision of an efficient and effective service
- Ability to work to deadlines, at times under considerable pressure, without compromising standards of performance, calm under pressure
- Completed, clear enhanced DBS check
- The job also requires that crew members are flexible to fit in with fluctuation in service demand or operational need on the contract, i.e. a flexible working pattern
- Basic literacy and numeracy are required. Formal qualifications (apart from a full, current UK driving license) are less important than the appropriate manner and attitude to patients, clients and colleagues.
- Geographical knowledge of the local area to be worked within
- Knowledge of Patient Transport Services
This role requires the ability to work with vulnerable, frail people, who may be distressed or experiencing pain, in a caring and compassionate way. A DBS check will therefore be required to exclude any individual with a history of criminal behaviour which could be considered unacceptable (by G4S or the clients) in a patient care environment.
Safety is of paramount importance and the post holder must ensure that safe systems of work are followed without compromise. The post holder needs to be committed to maintaining high standards of customer care and service delivery that will include the responsibility of adequate safeguarding and prevent training and awareness and an understanding of reporting concerns to the line manager.
Jobs that might be of interest:Ambulance Driver (Care Assistant) - Maidstone
Apply now Ambulance Driver (Care Assistant) - Tonbridge
Location: Tonbridge, Kent
Apply now Ambulance Driver - Lewisham
Apply now Ambulance Driver - Queen Elizabeth Hospital
Apply now Ambulance Driver - UCLH
Location: North West London