Ambulance Care Assistant (Driver) - UCLH North West London £10.85
Ambulance Care Assistant (Driver) - UCLHLocation: North West London | Salary: £10.85 | Posted: 1 Oct 2021 | Closes: 22 Oct 2021 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: UK Patient Transport Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 10626
AMBULANCE CARE ASSISTANT
Location: University College London Hospital (UCLH), NW1 2BU
Salary: £10.85 per hour
Full Time 45 hours per week which include morning or afternoon shifts
We are seeking enthusiastic, people with a caring disposition to join our team at UCLH.
As an Ambulance Care Assistant (ACA) you will play an important role transporting patients for hospital appointments and ensuring they return safely home again.
The role involves driving, or assisting as part of a crew, patients with different requirements based on their mobility classification.
The job purpose is to provide and maintain a caring environment for these patients and provide a safe transport service, maintaining high standards of patient and timeliness.
Full comprehensive training is provided for the first 2 weeks (Please note that commitment to 2 weeks of training is mandatory and then mentoring with more experienced ACA’s. There are opportunities if you wish to develop your career and learn more skills by transporting and looking after patients with more complex medical needs. All this can be provided at a pace to suit our staff. We are developing training pathways at different levels up to paramedic standards which, as you progress, increases earnings and provides a truly long term and rewarding career.
- Assist, move and handle patients, who may be ambulatory or wheelchair bound, using appropriate equipment where necessary e.g. carrying patients up the stairs using carry chair, moving immobile patients in and out of bed, and manoeuvring patients in wheelchairs into and out of the vehicle and on stretchers as necessary. Ensure patients are safely seated whilst in transit.
- Minimise and deal with aggressive and abusive behaviour to reduce risks to safety and ensure patient welfare
- Ensure the use of appropriate equipment and approved manual handling techniques
- Maintain the cleanliness and ensure the routine daily checks of designated vehicles are carried out prior to deployment
- Assist patients when entering and leaving their homes and take all reasonable actions to ensure the safety and security of their property.
- Liaise and report to Control as directed within operational procedures in updating location and status and respond appropriately to instructions
The Ideal Candidate:
You will need:
- Full UK Manual Driving Licence required
- Willing to undergo suitable training such as manual handling, first aid at work, and advanced driving where needed.
- A caring attitude towards patients and the ability to show empathy
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Physically fit able to lift and support patients.
- Commitment to the service we provide for our patients
Nearest tube stations are:
- Warren Street (Northern / Victoria Lines)
- Euston Square (Circle / Hammersmith & City / Metropolitan Lines)
- Company pension scheme with employer contributions
- G4S Life Assurance Scheme
- Subsidised healthcare plan
- Charity work- Match-IT and Payroll Giving
- Employee Assistance Programme Scheme (Confidential Counselling Services, 24/7 support specialising in health and medical topics )
- Refer A Friend Scheme
- Discounts on high street shops and brands including several leading high street brands, retailers and travel suppliers
In return, you will be provided with a G4S uniform, the opportunity to enrol into a company Pension scheme and G4S Life Assurance scheme and access to discounts including retails, dining and travel.
This role requires the ability to work with vulnerable, frail people, with the need for medical treatment at hospitals in a caring and compassionate way. Because we are dealing with the vulnerable in a patient care environment, a full enhanced DBS check is required.
Safety is of paramount importance and the post holder must ensure that safe systems of work are followed without compromise. The post holder needs to be committed to maintaining high standards of customer care and service delivery that will include the responsibility of adequate safeguarding and prevent training and awareness and an understanding of reporting concerns to the line manager.
Jobs that might be of interest:Ambulance Care Assistant (Driver) - QEH Woolwich LONDON
Location: SE18 4QH
Apply now Ambulance Care Assistant - Dartford
Location: Dartford, Kent
Apply now Bank Ambulance Care Assistant (Driver) - QEH Woolwich LONDON
Location: SE18 4QH
Apply now Ambulance Care Assistant (Driver) - Lewisham
Location: SE13 6LH, Lewisham
Apply now Ambulance Care Assistant (Driver) Tonbridge
Location: Tonbridge, Kent