ALN / ESW Teacher BRIDGEND £29,025.32 - £31,919.88
ALN / ESW TeacherLocation: BRIDGEND | Salary: £29,025.32 - £31,919.88 | Posted: 4 Aug 2020 | Closes: 18 Aug 2020 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: UK Central Government Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 9026
ALN / ESW Teacher
HMP Parc, Bridgend
Salary range : £29,025.32 - £31,919.88 per annum
Full-time (40 hours per week)
G4S is a large and diverse company with operations in over 100 countries and more than 610,000 employees worldwide, G4S is a truly unique company who are bigger, more diverse and involved in more fascinating, innovative projects than many people would imagine and we now have an opportunity for a ALN / ESW Teacher to join our Education Department at HMP & YOI Parc, a category B prison, in Bridgend, South Wales, currently holding over 1700 men and young people in a secure but modern environment.
An opportunity has arisen as part of the Learning and Skills Department at HMP & YOI Parc to support learners with additional needs. The successful candidate will be expected to deliver intensive small group instruction programs to learner’s with additional learning needs who require bespoke intensive group work and those who need additional support in improving their reading, writing and comprehension skills.
- You will be expected to deliver at all levels of the curriculum.
- To produce relevant data showing the impact of learning and progression on our supported learner population
- To contribute and advise on the curriculum development in the area of ALN, this will include the planning, development, implementation and evaluation of courses.
- To monitor and track the progress of the learner according to the requirements of the learners needs, awarding body and the prison.
- To keep an individual learning plan for each learner.
- To take responsibility for the management of the classroom, paying particular regard to, SSoW , the computer equipment and curriculum equipment as appropriate.
- You will be expected to update your skills on a regular basis and participate in staff development activities and relevant internal and external training events.
- To ensure that all preparation, marking, assessment and moderation is completed promptly and efficiently within agreed timescales.
- To undertake all administrative duties related to the monitoring and review systems of the learning skills programme and the prison regime.
- To attend meetings and working groups as required.
- To prepare, review and update regularly, curricular and associated training schemes and materials and to have them available for observations as required.
- To assist students in reaching their long term aims, employability, career progression, further education and training and / or to live as independently as possible.
- Carry out student questionnaires and elicit feedback on the quality of training and learning.
- Contribute to course reviews and the setting, implementation and monitoring of action plans.
- The ability to relate and motivate students from a variety of backgrounds and employ effective training strategies.
- To attend meetings of education, vocational teams and other working groups, as appropriate.
- To implement appropriate Health & Safety policies.
- To undertake other reasonable duties from time to time, as required by the HoLS and Learning and Skills VPU Curriculum Manager.
The Ideal Candidate:
JOB HOLDER SPECIFICATION:
- Qualified Teacher Status or PGCE
- Must have relevant SEN Qualification
- Professional experience and subject specific degree
- Experience of working with learners experiencing behavioural problems
- Knowledge of the new legislation with regards to SEN
- An enthusiasm for all aspects of education and training with a commitment to the well being of students.
- Sound interpersonal skills.
- A flexible and responsive attitude.
- An enthusiasm for your subject area.
- An ability and willingness to innovate and demonstrate self-motivation.
- A willingness and ability to be an effective team member.
- A willingness to participate in appropriate staff development activities.
- Ability to manage challenging behaviour.
- Ability to deal with security issues.
- An understanding of the needs of socially excluded young people and adults
- Awareness of, and commitment to, the promotion of equal opportunities and the recognition of diversity.
At G4S, the philosophy of our prisons is to rehabilitate offenders and equip them to re-integrate into mainstream society on release. Our aim is to create an environment in which staff and prisoners feel safe and causes of prison stress are minimised. Central to our philosophy is the relationship between staff and prisoners. Our training and operational practices emphasise the need to treat prisoners with dignity and respect and G4S staff build positive and supportive relationships with the prisoners in their care. We are seeking to recruit a caring, pro-active and confident professional to help make a real difference to their lives.
If you join us, you will find a secure, friendly and professional working environment and be given all the support, training and encouragement you need to build and develop a successful career with us. Our benefits are as you would expect from a large organisation and include a company pension, comprehensive training, career development, generous holiday entitlement, uniform and access to our on-site gym.
Please note that these vacancies are subject to a 10 year checkable history and the strict vetting standards set by G4S and the Secretary of State for the Home Office and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
You must be eligible to work in the UK and must have been resident in the UK for a minimum period of 5 years. You will also need to provide full details of your employment and education history for the last 10 years as part of the security screening process for this role.
HMP & YOI Parc is committed to a clean air policy for the wellbeing of its staff, and to protect them from the risks of passive smoking. Our prison is a smoke-free environment, and smoking is not permitted in any area of the establishment. The conveyance of smoking paraphernalia (including tobacco, cigarettes and e-cigarettes) through the Keylock and into the prison will be considered a disciplinary offence under the company’s Disciplinary Policy.