ALN Co-ordinator Bridgend, Bridgend [Pen-y-bont ar Ogwr GB-POG] £34,005.57
ALN Co-ordinatorLocation: Bridgend, Bridgend [Pen-y-bont ar Ogwr GB-POG] | Salary: £34,005.57 | Posted: 14 Oct 2020 | Closes: 28 Oct 2020 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: UK Central Government Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 9240
HMP Parc, Bridgend
Salary : £34,005.57 per annum
Full-time (40 hours per week)
G4S is a large and diverse company with operations in over 100 countries and more than 610,000 employees worldwide, G4S is a truly unique company who are bigger, more diverse and involved in more fascinating, innovative projects than many people would imagine and we now have an opportunity for a ALN Co-ordinator to join our Education Department at HMP & YOI Parc, a category B prison, in Bridgend, South Wales, currently holding over 1700 men and young people in a secure but modern environment.
An exciting new position has arisen here at HMIP & YOI Parc in line with The Welsh Government proposed plans to introduce the Additional Learning Needs (ALN) transformation programme. The expectations of the new legislative framework is to improve the planning and delivery of additional learning needs provision, through a person-centred approach.
The successful candidate will be expected to assist with the smooth and effective implementation of the Additional Learning Needs (ALN) agenda. Ensure that actions support whole prison improvement and attempt to reduce variations in practices within and across the estate. Providing support and guidance to ensure that all staff and stakeholders share the same vision, ethos and moral purpose. Critical to its success will be Identifying needs early, putting in place timely and effective interventions. Emphasis will be on introducing a provision that meets the needs of its residents, delivers tangible outcomes that contribute in a meaningful way to the individual’s achievement of their full potential.
- To manage and coordinate a unified multi-disciplinary approach across the prison with other specialists areas to include operational, educational and health care departments
- To work collaboratively improving the planning and delivery of additional learning needs provision, through a person-centred approach
- To implement a strategic action plan for the expectations of the new legislative framework and assist managers in preparing for and managing transition to the new, ALN phased system.
- To ensure that implementation of the Act is monitored closely, that issues are effectively addressed for those with additional learning needs, and that best practice is being identified and shared across the whole of Parc.
- Regularly communicate ALN services provided across the prison ensuring that by supporting managers all staff are aware of the specific needs of those in their care.
- Provide constructive feedback that forms the basis for future improvement.
- To manage and supervise a team of teachers and mentors to provide specialist support, to include a wide variety approaches for those Additional Learning needs.
- Coordinate peer mentor lead initiatives to help improve life skills for those learners who have identified areas for improvement to support their transition into the workplace.
- To ensure your team produce interactive materials to help to deliver best practice, bespoke materials to deliver the desired outcomes inclusive of a person centred approach
- To ensure realistic expectations and effective deployment of resources focused on engaging learners
- To monitor the impact and the extent to which the changes are embedding and influencing outcomes for residents.
- Maintain a detailed record of all services, outcomes, and performance data and prepare reports as and when required.
- In collaboration with Community for work ,and other support groups address prisoners misconceptions about their perceived barriers to work assisting them with change
The Ideal Candidate:
- Masters Degree or NVQ Level 5
- Knowledge of the Additional Learning Needs (ALN) transformation programme
- Experience of working with individuals with ALN
- Must be able to manage and supervise a team of specialist teachers.
- Possess excellent Leadership skills
- Ability to work closely with any internal and external Groups
- Ability to support and advise on teaching and learning styles as per the pedagogical principles, skills and on evaluating the quality of teaching and learning your team are providing
- Ability to support and advise managers with regards to the inclusion of all individuals within the custodial setting by ensuring plans meet the wide range of additional learning needs within of those within their care
- Excellent communications skills and organised in managing daily tasks
- Ability to manage and deliver relevant programmes in line with expectations
- Ability to coordinate peer mentor lead initiatives to help improve life skills
- Ability to analyse and produce data to inform best practice
If you experience any issues with applying online then please forward a copy of your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
At G4S, the philosophy of our prisons is to rehabilitate offenders and equip them to re-integrate into mainstream society on release. Our aim is to create an environment in which staff and prisoners feel safe and causes of prison stress are minimised. Central to our philosophy is the relationship between staff and prisoners. Our training and operational practices emphasise the need to treat prisoners with dignity and respect and G4S staff build positive and supportive relationships with the prisoners in their care. We are seeking to recruit a caring, pro-active and confident professional to help make a real difference to their lives.
If you join us, you will find a secure, friendly and professional working environment and be given all the support, training and encouragement you need to build and develop a successful career with us. Our benefits are as you would expect from a large organisation and include a company pension, comprehensive training, career development, generous holiday entitlement, uniform and access to our on-site gym.
Equality and Diversity is an important part of G4S Custodial and Detention Services. We actively encourage applications from all diverse groups
Please note that these vacancies are subject to a 10 year checkable history and the strict vetting standards set by G4S and the Secretary of State for the Home Office and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
You must be eligible to work in the UK and must have been resident in the UK for a minimum period of 5 years. You will also need to provide full details of your employment and education history for the last 10 years as part of the security screening process for this role.
HMP & YOI Parc is committed to a clean air policy for the wellbeing of its staff, and to protect them from the risks of passive smoking. Our prison is a smoke-free environment, and smoking is not permitted in any area of the establishment. The conveyance of smoking paraphernalia (including tobacco, cigarettes and e-cigarettes) through the Keylock and into the prison will be considered a disciplinary offence under the company’s Disciplinary Policy.
Jobs that might be of interest:Social Visits Manager
Apply now Waste Management Operative
Apply now Family Services Administrator
Apply now Prison Custody Officer
Apply now Operational Support Grade (OSG)