Allied / G4S Canada - Account Manager Brampton, ON C$20.00 - C$20.50
Allied / G4S Canada - Account ManagerLocation: Brampton, ON | Salary: C$20.00 - C$20.50 | Posted: 29 Jul 2021 | Closes: 29 Aug 2021 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: US Retail/Cash Solutions | Region / Division: Americas | Reference: G4S/TP/4668560/215284
Account Manager - Allied G4S
This position description assumes that the individual has satisfied all basic requirements for employment by G4S /Allied Universal., including, but not limited to: security licence validation and criminal police information check as applicable (CPIC), credit reference(if applicable), background check, minimum age, and minimum education (high school diploma or foreign equivalency, or earned GED). Additionally, this job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The individual in this position is required to follow any other instructions and perform any other duties requested by this position’s management.
In April 2021, G4S, a London-based global security company, was acquired by Allied Universal®, a leading security and facility services company that provides proactive security services and cutting-edge smart technology to deliver tailored, integrated security solutions. We are building an inclusive, Be Phenomenal® culture that encourages, supports and celebrates a diverse workplace. We offer more than just a job—we offer careers. We have countless examples of individuals who began their careers as Security Professionals that today hold positions on our senior leadership team. Hiring Bonuses are being offered in select locations. Start your phenomenal career with us today!
Allied Universal is looking to hire an Account Manager. The Account Manager is accountable for day-to-day operations of an assigned account, including hiring, training, disciplining and terminating staff. Build, improve and maintain relationships with clients and employees: develop & retain staff; coordinate needed support services and solve problems to effectively run the account. Meet or exceed financial & operational goals; provide quality
customer service. Maintains or oversees maintenance of weekly operating schedules and completion of payroll for assigned security personnel. Provides after-hour emergency response as required.
- Supervise the day to day security operations of an assigned client site
- Manage a team of security professionals, site and/or shift supervisors including hiring/selection,
- scheduling, payroll, training, coaching, development and support
- Ensure the client site is provided with high quality security services to protect people and property
- Build, improve and maintain effective relationships with both client and employees
- Coordinate necessary support services to effectively manage client site to meet or exceed financial and operational goals and provide quality customer service
- Ensure all required reporting and contract compliance requirements are met.
- Assure regular communication of issues or program with Client
- Handle any escalated security issues or emergency situations appropriately.
- Other management responsibilities as determined by leadership
- Communicate staffing needs and assist recruiters in identifying, interviewing and hiring quality candidates.
- Develop staff in both technical and professional skills through performance management (coaching, counseling, disciplining, annual formal performance evaluations, recognition, etc.)
- Assure that employee grievances are heard and resolved (with help from appropriate support employees, as required) and that personnel records are updated and accurate
- Assure communication of policies, company announcements and job openings
- Meet all contractual scheduled hours with a minimum of unbilled overtime.
- Coordinate and/or conduct site-specific OJT, client-specific training, and annual refresher training for security personnel, as well as meet Allied Universal’s corporate training standards.
- Develop / maintain operational procedures so that a valid, site-specific OPM and post orders are always available for emergency reference by the security staff.
- Manage uniforms, equipment, supplies and vehicles utilized at the account(s), maintaining appropriate inventories and maintenance checklists.
- Take a proactive role in communicating with the client and meeting his/her needs; meet with regularly, listen to issues, provide security and technical expertise and solutions. Ensure complete customer satisfaction.
- Enforce Allied Universal policies as outlined in the handbooks, executive memos and on the portal.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Valid Ontario security licence
- At least 2 years of business management/operations/supervisory experience
- Ability to develop and grow customer relationships.
- Experience in hiring, developing, motivating and retaining quality staff.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communications skills required.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented management environment with the ability to work independently.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, complex situations, a diverse team of employees and client
- requirements on an ongoing basis.
- Previous payroll, billing and scheduling experience preferred.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented management environment while having an entrepreneurial attitude.
- Experience using WinTeam, is a an asset
- Key Competencies: Staff Management, Financial Management, Integrity, Problem Solving, Conflict Management, Time Management, Customer Focus, Timely Decision Making, Motivating and Directing Others, Drive for Results.
About the Company:
We are an inclusive and equitable employer, encouraging applications from qualified women and men including persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, and Aboriginal persons.
Nous sommes un employeur inclusif et équitable, en encourageant les candidatures de femmes qualifiées et les hommes y compris les personnes handicapées, les membres des minorités visibles et les personnes autochtones.
Jobs that might be of interest:G4S / Allied Universal - Security Guard - Bolton
Apply now G4S / Allied Universal - Security Guard
Location: Mississauga, ON
Apply now G4S / Allied Universal - Security Guard - Milton
Apply now G4S / Allied Universal - Security Guard
Location: Toronto, ON
Apply now Allied / G4S - Cargo Screener
Location: Inglewood, ON