Seeking Screening Officer in Vancouver. Relocation Allowance Provided Edmonton C$0 - C$0
Seeking Screening Officer in Vancouver. Relocation Allowance ProvidedLocation: Edmonton | Salary: C$0 - C$0 | Posted: 8 Nov 2019 | Closes: 8 Dec 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: Canada | Region / Division: North America | Reference: G4S/TP/4930914/175157
Seeking Screening Officers in Vancouver - Relocation Allowance available
Are you a Screening Officer? Are you willing to relocate to BC? If yes, G4S is looking for someone just like you.
Relocation allowance provided*
Pay based on the level of experience.
G4S Secure Solutions is Canada's leading provider of security solutions. Our company specializes in hiring and training security professionals to meet all of our client’s needs. We are also proud to partner with various government organizations in securing their facilities.
Reporting to the Service Delivery Manager, the Screening Officer is responsible for ensuring that the traveling public, their personal belongings, and the carry-on baggage and items they have with them are screened before they enter the sterile area of the airport. This will be accomplished by using metal detection equipment, X-ray equipment, and explosive detection equipment, as well as physical search techniques to search baggage, items and personal belongings.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to
- Work as a productive team member and support and promote a positive work environment
- Communicate clearly and effectively
- Provide excellent customer service and promote teamwork
- Respond to alarms on EDT, X-ray and other equipment
- Become knowledgeable and conversant with emergency and contingency procedures
- Become knowledgeable and conversant with SOP’s and COP’s and CATSA Directives
- Establish and maintain effective communications with passengers and team members;
- Liaise with industry officials and regulatory authorities as applicable (e.g. Transport Canada, CATSA, RCMP, Airport Authority, etc).
- Ensure that all professional certifications, clearances, RAIC’s are current
The Ideal Candidate:
- Willing to relocate to British Columbia.
- Prior Experience as Screening Officer.
- Ability to work all shifts with emphasis on overnight shifts
- Must be able to obtain a Transport Canada Security Clearance
- Physical requirements include but are not limited to:
- standing for long periods of time
- lifting/pushing/pulling luggage and/or other items
- bending, stooping, kneeling
- performing surface lifts
- Ability to mentally focus and concentrate for a prolonged period of time.
- Completion of High School; Some college/CEGEP/vocational is an asset
- Successfully complete all CATSA assessments including SOF and OJT programs.
- Must be able to obtain a valid medical certificate
- Proactive team member with excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication, both oral and written, customer service and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of professionalism, tact, and diplomacy
Knowledge of CATSA Organization, CATSA SOP’s, local COPs, Transport Canada Regulations as they pertain to screening and the Aeronautics Act an asset
About the Company:
G4S Secure Solutions (Canada) Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer, the world's leading international security solutions group, a proud member of the UN Global Compact for Social Responsibility, and a supporter of Children’s hospitals across Canada. By submitting your personal profile and resume, you consent to G4S Secure Solutions (Canada) Ltd. sharing this information within its divisions in order to identify other employment opportunities you may be suitable for.
*(Terms & Conditions apply)
Jobs that might be of interest:Seeking Screening Officer in Vancouver. Relocation Allowance Provided
Apply now Security Supervisor
Apply now Security Guard - 16-18.50 / Hr
Location: Lloydminster, Alberta
Apply now Screening Officer Kelowna International Airport)
Location: Kelowna, BC
Apply now Screening Officer Bilingual (English/French) - Kelowna International Airport
Location: Kelowna, BC