Administrator Thames Valley £10.36
AdministratorLocation: Thames Valley | Salary: £10.36 | Posted: 20 Jun 2022 | Closes: 11 Jul 2022 | Job Type: Part Time and Permanent | Business Unit: Health Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 10116
Thames Valley- Slough (SL1 2NT)
12 hours per week – 1 day a week (Friday)
Shifts: 1 x 12 hour day (06.00 - 18.00)
G4S Health Services has been one of the leading providers to all justice health environments since 2005. Working across Secure, Custody and Sexual Assault Referral Centres (SARC) across the UK, we provide primary care and forensic healthcare to a wide range of patients.
A Sexual Assault Referral Centre is a dedicated centre providing a comprehensive service to men, women and children who have suffered sexual assault, both for those who wish to involve the Police and those who self-refer. Utilising a multi-disciplinary team of Doctors, Nurses, Crisis Workers, ISVA’s, Police Officers and support staff the SARC will provide aftercare including risk.
Exciting opportunity to be part of the Thames Valley SARC (Sexual Assault Referral Centre) Service, Solace, commissioned by NHS England and Thames Valley Police.
The SARC Admin/Crisis Worker’s role is to provide advocacy support for all clients accessing the SARC service in line with National guidelines, SARC Best Practice and contractual obligations, and to assist with the administration and management process of clients (women, men and children) and their families accessing the SARC service, in line with National guidelines on SARC Best Practice and contractual obligations. Full training will be given.
Job outline: The SARC Administrator will often be the first point of contact for users of the service. The post holder will assist with the administration and
management process of victims (women, men and children) attending the SARC, provide support to the SARC Manager with the day to day running of the SARC and provide a crisis worker role within office hours when required
- To assist with the administration and management of clients accessing the SARC service
- To provide advocacy support and telephone support to callers in the context of a sensitive and non-judgmental service, using effective communication skills.
- To provide information to enable clients to make informed decisions in relation to the self-referral option, medical care, forensic examination, making a police report and onward referrals.
- To offer a welcoming environment to the service users and all visitors upon their arrival at the SARC. Act as a first point of contact, in the absence of the SARC Manager.
- To ensure a high standard of DNA decontamination between forensic cases.
- To assist with the collection of forensic samples, ensuring continuity and chain of evidence are maintained.
- To document clearly any safeguarding concerns, complete any relevant risk assessments and liaise with the Sexual Offence Examiner, police officer and SARC office team.
- To feedback any issues or clinical incidents to the SARC Manager
The Ideal Candidate:
- Previous experience of working with vulnerable people.
- Access to own vehicle.
- Strong communication skills both written and oral.
- Competent Computer Skills
- Recent NHS experience
- Experience of working with victims of sexual assault.
- Relevant qualification in supporting victims of sexual abuse and/or physical abuse.
- Forensic Awareness
- Multi-Agency Working
- Company pension scheme with employer contributions
- G4S Life Assurance Scheme
- Subsidised healthcare plan
- Charity work- Match-IT and Payroll Giving
- Employee Assistance Programme Scheme (Confidential Counselling Services, 24/7 support specialising in health and medical topics )
- Discounts on high street shops and brands including several leading high street brands, retailers and travel suppliers
- Progression, training and development opportunities
This role requires the ability to work with vulnerable people in a caring and compassionate way. A DBS check and relevant police/ prison clearance will be required to exclude any individuals with a history of behaviour which could be considered unacceptable (by G4S or the clients). Safety is of paramount importance and the post holder must ensure that safe systems of work are followed without compromise.
Please note that this vacancy is subject to a minimum 5 year checkable employment and education history including criminal record vetting. To apply for this role, you must be eligible to work in the
Please Note: If you are successful at interview you will be required to attend site within 7 working days for a vetting interview.
Jobs that might be of interest:Crisis Worker
Location: Bicester, Oxfordshire
Apply now Development Lead Nurse
Location: Thames Valley
Apply now Sexual Offence Examiner -Nurse
Location: Thames Valley
Apply now Sexual Offence Examiner -Nurse (Maternity Cover)
Location: Thames Valley
Apply now Sexual Offence Examiner (Doctor)