Administrator Rugby, Warwickshire £19,513.85
AdministratorLocation: Rugby, Warwickshire | Salary: £19,513.85 | Posted: 4 Nov 2019 | Closes: 11 Nov 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: UK Central Government Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 8235
HM Prison Rye Hill, Rugby
Salary: £19,513.85 per annum
Full Time (40 hours per week)
As the world’s leading security solutions group with operations in over 120 countries and more than 625,000 employees worldwide, G4S is a truly unique company. We’re bigger, more diverse and involved in more fascinating, cutting-edge projects than many people would imagine and we now have an opportunity for an Administrator to join our team at HMP Rye Hill.
HMP Rye Hill is situated in Willoughby, near Rugby, Warwickshire and is a category B training prison acting as a national resource for sentenced male adults who have been convicted of a current or previous sex offence(s).
We are looking for a dynamic individual who can provide an effective and efficient administration service to the Psychology and Programmes department teams. With good communication, organisational and IT skills they will be able to work independantly and as part of a team showing excellent attention to detail.
- Provide a full administrative service so that the needs of the Psychology / Programmes teams are met.
- Maintain effective work systems, ensuring that all correspondence and documentation is dealt with in a professional manner and in line with General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
- Liaise with other departments and organise and co-ordinate meetings, diaries and events ensuring individual and functional/departmental objectives are met.
- To attend meetings and take accurate meeting minutes.
- Keep all relevant databases accurate and up to date at all times.
- To be a responsible party for maintaining all Psychology / Programmes files and completing audit checks of these on a regular basis.
- Complete comprehensive and thorough file reviews to support the completion of Psychological assessments.
- Be the responsible party for co-ordinating and tracking all outsourced Psychology / Programmes work streams.
- Be the responsible party for raising Purchase Orders and tracking financial accounts / budgets.
- To liaise with external agencies and organisations in a professional manner, maintaining working relationships and effective work streams in line with relevant deadlines / requests.
- Maintain comprehensive stocks of all forms and stationary as required by the department.
- Collate, accurately produce and distribute basic statistics and reports.
- Deal with all routine queries so that an appropriate response is provided.
- Act in accordance with security and operational instructions at all times to ensure the maintenance of security within the secure environment.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Good IT skills, including knowledge of Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
- Good Maths skills to enable basic financial and invoice calculations.
- Good communication and organisational skills.
- Pays attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Previous experience in similar role is desirable
At G4S, the philosophy of our prisons is to rehabilitate offenders and equip them to re-integrate into mainstream society on release. We seek to normalise prison conditions as far as possible to reflect life in the outside community. Our aim is to create an environment in which staff and Offenders feel safe and causes of prison stress are minimised. Central to our philosophy is the relationship between staff and Offenders. Our training and operational practices emphasise the need to treat Offenders with dignity and respect and G4S staff build positive and supportive relationships with the Offenders in their care. We are seeking to recruit a caring, pro-active and confident professional to help make a real difference to their lives.
If you join us, you can be sure that you’ll find a secure, friendly and professional working environment and be given all the support, training and encouragement you need to build and develop a successful career with us. Our benefits are as you would expect from a large global organisation and include a company pension, training, career development, generous holiday entitlement, uniform and access to our on-site gym.
Please note that this vacancy is subject to a 10 year checkable history and the strict vetting standards set by G4S and the Secretary of State for the Home Office and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
You must be eligible to work in the UK and must have been resident in the UK for a minimum period of 5 years. You will also need to provide full details of your employment and education history for the last 10 years as part of the security screening process for this role.
Jobs that might be of interest:Prison Custody Officer - HMP Rye Hill, Rugby
Location: Rugby, Warwickshire
Apply now Bank Nurse (RMN / RGN)
Location: Rugby, Warwickshire
Apply now Bank Nurse / Paramedic
Location: Avon and Somerset, Somerset
Apply now Resettlement Case Worker
Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
Apply now CAMHS Nurse
Location: MILTON KEYNES, Buckinghamshire