Administrator £19,500 - £21,000
AdministratorLocation: | Salary: £19,500 - £21,000 | Posted: 29 Oct 2019 | Closes: 19 Nov 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: UK Central Government Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 8221
Dyfodol - Swansea
Salary range £19,500 - £21,000 depending on experience
Full-time (40 hours per week)
G4S in Wales are a key provider of criminal justice services- operating in both the custodial and community sectors. We pride ourselves on the quality of our provision and we consistently seek to work alongside and in partnership with a range of other providers in the voluntary (third), public and private sectors.
We have developed services which are focussed on identifying ways to maximise positive impact and make the most effective use of available resource by working with other agencies on common objectives. In this way we are increasingly able to meet wide ranging and complex needs in the most appropriate way.
We have a commitment to research, evaluation and review of evidence based initiatives.
We value and, where possible, contribute to research into reducing re-offending and therefore we recognise the importance of understanding the wider environment in which individuals operate and this informs us about how best to engage, support and help people with change.
We seek to employ people with drive and energy and a real interest in innovation and teamwork – working beyond traditional organisational boundaries.
We are looking for an organised and self-motivated individual to provide an efficient and professional administration service for our Dyfodol service in Swansea. Working with colleagues to maintain an effective appointment system, and ensuring all calls and visits from service users, outside agencies and staff are dealt with promptly and courteously.
To maintain and update data as required, in a timely and accurate manner and produce information for reports as required by managers and relevant others.
- Acts as a first point of contact within the service, ensuring visitors receive a friendly and efficient service and all calls and visits are dealt with promptly and courteously.
- To undertake front desk reception duties as required.
- Assist the team with service user enquiries/appointments a
- Undertake drug testing where appropriate following training.
- Record service user attendance on diary system for statutory orders and ensure the case worker and/or nursing team and probation service are kept informed of any change to appointment date/time.
- Contribute to the improvement and upkeep of all service user areas, taking responsibility for the reporting of damage to management and other relevant personnel.
- Encourage participation by service users in the bi-annual Service User Evaluation Questionnaire.
- Record any unacceptable behaviour and incidents in the Incidents Log/Plato and report to management.
- Processing of correspondence/data entry as required
- To check files in line with contractual obligations of the service
- To maintain and update the web-based information databases as required, in a timely and accurate manner particularly for statutory appointments.
- Preparation of statistical data, quarterly, monthly and outcome reports as required
- To check and validate data recorded on the web-based database on a regular basis to ensure it meets quality and performance standards, ensuring that data is accurate and exported to deadline.
- To undertake remedial work on incorrect data to improve outcomes
- Assist in the storing of all current and discharged service user information in line with GDPR and Data Protection Act, adhering to confidentiality policies at all times.
- Manage petty cash and process invoices.
- Control drug test and administration stock levels and place orders via purchasing.
- Maintain weekly health and safety records and tests for designated sites.
- Support the team in the maintenance of recording and database systems, photocopying and general administrative tasks.
- Work flexibly within an agreed number of hours of work to maintain the most appropriate level of service provision. There may be occasional travel to provide cover at other sites and for training and administration meetings
- Participate in training and supervision processes.
- Ensure the implementation of all G4S policies
- Undertake other duties appropriate to the grade of the post.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Previous experience of relevant work and ability to demonstrate a clear understanding of the need to deliver quality service.
- Able to access Police systems – enhanced Police vetting will be needed for this role
- Ability to demonstrate excellent customer care skills.
- Experience in the use of a range of IT applications (Microsoft, Google or other databases)
- Demonstrate skills to undertake administrative duties and manage data collection systems.
- Understanding of Data Protection and Confidentiality.
- Communicate confidently and effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Respond flexibly to the demands of the post.
- Work as a member of a team.
- Show a capacity to work alone and the ability to keep calm under pressure.
- Understand and have a commitment to the principles of equal opportunity and diversity.
- Employ an empathetic and non-judgmental attitude towards service users.
- Demonstrate a commitment to own ongoing professional development
- NVQ in Business Administration/IT or equivalent
- Understanding of the issues facing vulnerable people
- Experience of using google based systems
- Understanding of PalBase case management systems
- Understanding of the Criminal Justice System.
- Access to own transport
- Knowledge of local services and geography.
Please note that applicants must complete a 500 - 700 word statement outlining their suitability for the role and clearly outlining how your skills, experience and knowledge would apply to this post.
Jobs that might be of interest:Male Engagement Officer/Crisis Worker
Apply now Reconciliations Administrator
Apply now Paediatric Sexual Offence Examiner Doctor
Apply now Paediatric Flexi Crisis Worker
Apply now Bank Nurse / Paramedic