Administrator Morpeth, Northumberland £16,325.00
AdministratorLocation: Morpeth, Northumberland | Salary: £16,325.00 | Posted: 12 Mar 2019 | Closes: 26 Mar 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: Health Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland
G4S Health Services has been one of the leading providers to all justice health environments since 2005. Working across Secure, Custody and Sexual Assault Referral Centres (SARC) across the UK, we provide primary care and forensic healthcare to a wide range of patients.
G4S value excellent patient care and have a dynamic approach to nursing in a complex setting. We welcome visits to the prison before applying due to the uniqueness of this nursing setting. We offer competitive rates of pay for successful applicants, dependent on experience and qualifications.
We are recruiting for a Full Time Administrator.
- Salary of £16,325.00 per annum
- HMP Northumberland does not offer 24 hour healthcare, as such there are no night shifts
- Free parking
- Company pension scheme with employer contributions
- G4S life assurance schemes
- G4S Great for savings: discounts on high street shops
- O2 discounts
- Child Care Vouchers
- Eye Care Vouchers
- Hospital Saturday Fund Health Planning
- Employee Care Scheme
The contribution to and delivery of efficient, professional and confidential administrative support, on a day to day basis to other professional staff working within the secure environment of HMP Northumberland.
- The post holder must be self motivated, able to organise own work on a day to day basis, using a systematic and methodical approach to ensure all work completed promptly, demonstrating attention to detail and best practice.
- The post holder will be expected to work as part of a very busy administration team providing an efficient, flexible service to a team of multi-disciplinary Healthcare Staff and a wide range of external staff, maintaining confidentiality and professionalism at all times.
- The post holder will be responsible for maintaining a variety of databases. Maintain, monitor and review the performance of patient clinics.
- The post holder may be expected to collect and escort any visitors for the Healthcare Centre from and to the Gate or other areas of the Prison as directed, ensuring politeness and professionalism at all times.
- Deal with incoming telephone calls, ensuring messages are prioritised and delivered in a timely manner. Answer enquiries, and directing other more complex enquiries to the appropriate person.
- Coordinating incoming and outgoing post on a daily basis.
- Order office stationary and other supplies within an approved procurement system
- Provide an efficient administration service to support all staff working within Healthcare, including taking minutes at meetings where necessary, ensuring any information provided to them is accurate, delivered promptly and in a professional manner.
- Liaise with external agencies where required.
- On a daily basis scan all loose documents relating to patients. Check all documents have been correctly signed off before scanning and ensure documents are scanned with the appropriate notations attached.
- In the absence of colleagues the post holder will required to take on other roles and responsibilities, sometimes in a higher grade as directed by the Administration Manager.
- Carry out administration tasks as delegated by the Administration Manager including photocopying, sending and receiving facsimiles, operating laminator, labelling machine etc. Undertake additional duties as may be allocated from time to time by the Administration Manager or other members of the Healthcare Management Team.
The Ideal Candidate:
Essential Skills & Knowledge required:
- Good standard of numeracy and literature
- Recognised word processing qualification
- NVQ level 2 or equivalent in Business Administration of similar equivalent
- Previous experience of wide-ranging office systems and routines
- Previous experience, both oral and written, of communicating with multi-disciplinary teams of people
- Ability to organise own work whilst under pressure
- Security awareness as the post-holder will be expected to manage keys
- Audio typing skills
- Experience of working within the NHS or Prison environment
- ECDL or similar qualification
This role requires the ability to work with vulnerable, frail people, who may be distressed or experiencing pain, in a caring and compassionate way. A Criminal Records Bureau check will therefore be required to exclude any individual with a history of criminal behaviour which could be considered unacceptable (by G4S or the clients) in a patient care environment. Safety is of paramount importance and the post holder must ensure that safe systems of work are followed without compromise. The post holder needs to be committed to maintaining high standards of customer care and service delivery.