Administrator - Pre-Employment Security Screening Support Gatwick, West Sussex £22,000
Administrator - Pre-Employment Security Screening SupportLocation: Gatwick, West Sussex | Salary: £22,000 | Posted: 31 Jan 2019 | Closes: 21 Feb 2019 | Job Type: Fixed & Part-time | Business Unit: UK Central Government Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland
Gatwick Immigration Removal Centre, Crawley, West Sussex
Salary : £22,000 per annum
Full-time (40 hours per week) 8.30am - 5.30pm Monday to Friday - Temporary role until December 2019
As the world’s leading security solutions group with operations in over 120 countries and more than 625,000 employees worldwide, G4S is a truly unique company. We’re bigger, more diverse and involved in more fascinating, cutting-edge projects than many people would imagine and we now have an opportunity for a Vetting Administrator to join our team at Gatwick IRCs.
As the largest private provider of Immigration Services for the UK Border Agency (UKBA), G4S is responsible for providing a safe and secure environment for people being detained due to their immigration status. Our Contract locations are situated near Gatwick Airport and can accommodate just under 600 male/female detainees with an ever changing population.
The successful candidate will be required to provide an effective and efficient screening and vetting service to the establishment.
- To co-ordinate and ensure the correct documentation is submitted to Vetting Function in line with operational policy in a timely manner.
- Liaising with on-site managers on the update of employee screening
- Complete and carry out pre-interview screening checks with candidates / volunteers / contactors prior to commencement of employment on site.
- Providing advice and guidance on completing Home Office and DBS Security forms to new and existing staff members.
- Completing vetting renewals for existing staff
- Act in accordance with security and operational instructions at all times to ensure the maintenance of security within the secure environment.
- Manage vetting interview days for external candidates at external venues when required
- Take responsibility for understanding their job in a healthy, safety and environmentally responsible manner and will seek clarity where necessary.
The Ideal Candidate:
The ideal candidate will have strong administration experience within a proven background
- Be able to manage own workload and have strong organisational skills
- Ability to work to set deadlines
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
If you join us, you can be sure that you’ll find a secure, friendly and professional working environment and be given all the support, training and encouragement you need to build and develop a successful career with us. Our benefits are as you would expect from a large global organisation and include a company pension, comprehensive training, career development, generous holiday entitlement and uniform.
Please note that these vacancies are subject to a 5 year checkable history and the strict vetting standards set by G4S and the Secretary of State for the Home Office and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
You must be eligible to work in the UK and must have been resident in the UK for a minimum period of 5 years. You will also need to provide full details of your employment and education history for the last 5 years as part of the security screening process for this role.
Jobs that might be of interest:Marketing and Office Assistant
Location: Feltham, UK
Apply now Finance Administrator
Apply now Cash Centre Business Support Administrator (6 month Maternity Cover)
Apply now Cash Centre Business Support Administrator (12 month Maternity Cover)
Apply now Administrator
Location: Rugby, Warwickshire