Administrative Specialist Wadsworth, TX 27.00 - 31.00
Administrative SpecialistLocation: Wadsworth, TX | Salary: 27.00 - 31.00 | Posted: 15 Sep 2021 | Closes: 30 Sep 2021 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: US Secure Solutions | Region / Division: North America | Reference: G4S/TP/3070311/217552
The world's leading private security organization, G4S, has an immediate job opportunity for an Administrative Specialist. As an Administrative Specialist, you will have dual primary areas of responsibility. The first area of primarily responsibility is the maintenance of Payroll and Billing functions through time and attendance functions, compensation duties, and database entry of time in company software. You will conduct preparation and maintenance of contract administrative correspondence, databases, and reporting. You will be responsible for project costing identification and tracking, billing and budget interface for labor, and contract purchasing. You will ensure adherence to company and site policies and procedures, and state and federal laws for personnel administration and compensation related functions. You will also maintain all corporate and site personnel programs, files, benefit programs, and other data pertaining to the day-to-day administration of plant security operations and G4S corporate requirements.
This position is equally responsible for the overall administration of human resources aspects of the field office. The Administrative Specialist ensures effective administration of applicant, flow, the hiring/termination process, personnel records, background investigations, group insurance administration and monthly reconciliation, workers' compensation, state licensing, unemployment claims, Affirmative Action planning, tracking and processes .
This position requires availability for response during days, nights, weekends, and holidays to liaison for equipment malfunction, personnel training and financial deadlines.
G4S is a security provider for the United States government, fortune 500 companies, nuclear power plants, oil and gas companies, airport, ports, banks, hospitals, factories, warehouses, commercial facilities, residential communities and much more.
As a full time employee of G4S, you will be entitled to the following benefits:
- Major Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid vacation
- Opportunities for additional training to aid in your professional development
As an employee you will also be able to participate in the Promote Me! Community. Promote Me! is available to interested current employees as a way to express interest in further advancement, as well as gain information and encourage professional development.
Further, as a current employee you will be eligible to participate in large group rates for the following benefits:
- Critical Illness
- Accident Insurance
- Whole Life Insurance
- Individual Short-Term Disability
- Pre-Paid Legal Services
- Identity Theft Services
- Pet Insurance
In addition, G4S provides benefits that are automatically available to all full or part-time employees, whether you enroll in a G4S insurance plan or not. And with no premiums to pay!
- RxCut Pharmacy Discount Program
- Doctor on Demand
- Qualsight LASIK Savings
- Perks at Work: G4S Employee Discount Program
- Alliant Credit Union
- Purchasing Power
- Active & Fit: G4S Fitness Center Membership
- FinFit: Financial Wellness Program
- DailyPay: Access your pay when you need it
G4S offers job security, excellent pay and benefits, and career opportunities. We offer entry level careers, management careers, sales careers and executive careers across the United States and internationally.
Specific Duties and Essential Functions
- Coordinate and perform data entry for processing of time and attendance in company systems for payroll and client billing to include customer time and materials software
- Track, process and perform data entry for project budget tracking including maintenance of contract demographics for periodic review, union reporting requirements and contract reporting
- Support client requirements for administrative data entry and tracking of regulatory fatigue requirements
- Oversight responsibility for contract administrative reporting requirements including record retention
- Assist in selection and placement process (e.g., prepares application packets, hire packets, schedule interviews and pre/post-employment training, enter data in the Human Resources Information System [HRIS])
- Ensure accurate entry and posting of weekly labor and non-labor items into the Human Resources Information System (HRIS), direct deposit review and submission, research and review payroll discrepancies and submit corrections via HRIS as applicable
- Responsible for filing and maintenance of contract personnel and suitability files and documents
- Conduct administrative duties (e.g., applicant flow and hiring, unemployment and workers compensation reporting, and benefits administration)
- Affirmative Action Program compliance and planning; ensure compliance to policy of all recruiting, selection, and placement processes; recommend corrective actions as needed
- Perform purchasing, billing, project costing and accounts payable functions inclusive of billable authorization for contract expenses including labor and materials including record keeping
- Ensure overall contract compliance regarding employee basic and preferred qualifications, screening, training and licensing
- Ensure compliance with company HR policies and applicable federal, state and local laws
- Other duties as needed to ensure smooth operations of Administrative and HR related matters
The Ideal Candidate:
Education, Licenses and Certifications Required
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
Type and Length of Specific Experience Required
- Minimum of 1 year successful experience in human resources-related field
- Prior work experience in payroll, accounting, or other related field
- Proficient skills in payroll applications or time and labor/materials software (such as PeopleSoft, Labor Scheduling, etc.)
- Excellent skills in mathematics, reading comprehension, and oral and written communication
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
- Attention to detail
- Must be at least 18 years old or the minimum age required by the state, if higher
- Must be a U.S. citizen or a foreign citizen authorized to legally work in the United States
- Subject to a drug screen to the extent permitted by law
- Must be able to provide, upon job offer, a DD214 discharge document with discharge status indicated, if prior military
Physical Requirements and Environment
Major activity: Working on PC while sitting
Physical efforts to carry out job duties: Limited, to include some standing, bending, limited stretching and reaching.
About the Company:
EOE Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
G4S is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
and an Alcohol- and Drug-Free Workplace
G4S will consider qualified applications with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
f you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action or Diversity and Inclusion, or have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, please contact our Corporate Human Resources Department at (800) 506-6265.
To receive an update on your application status, please contact our local office by following this link: http://www.g4s.us/en/Contact-Us/Local-Offices
Jobs that might be of interest:Detention Transportation Officer
Location: Taylor, Texas
Apply now Detention Transportation Officer
Location: Von Ormy, Texas
Apply now Detention Transportation Officer
Location: Loredo, Texas
Apply now Security Shift Supervisor
Location: Glen Rose, TX
Apply now Response Team Leader - Sergeant
Location: Glen Rose, TX