Administrative Assistant Wiscasset, ME 29.50
Administrative AssistantLocation: Wiscasset, ME | Salary: 29.50 | Posted: 23 Oct 2019 | Closes: 18 Nov 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: US Secure Solutions | Region / Division: North America | Reference: G4S/TP/3070311/173331
PLEASE CLICK APPLY OR TEXT "JOBS" TO 561-660-9797 FROM YOUR SMARTPHONE!
The world's leading private security organization, G4S, has an immediate job opportunity for an Administrative Assistant. As an Administrative Assistant, be responsible for the maintenance of Payroll and Billing functions through time and attendance functions, compensation duties, and database entry of time in company software. Conducts needed preparation and maintenance of contract administrative correspondence, databases, and reporting. This position is responsible for project costing identification and tracking, billing and budget interface for labor, and contract purchasing. Ensure adherence to company and site policies and procedures, and state and federal laws for personnel administration and compensation related functions. The Administrative Assistant is responsible for the documentation associated with the administration of human resource functions. Provides effective administration of applicant, flow, the hiring/termination process, personnel records, background investigations, group insurance administration and monthly reconciliation, workers' compensation, state licensing, unemployment claims, Affirmative Action planning, tracking and processes.
The Administrative Assistant performs all other duties as assigned to include all facets of the Firehouse Concept for which they are trained and/or certified and physically capable to perform.
Position requires availability for response during days, nights, weekends, and holidays to liaison for equipment malfunction, personnel training, and financial deadlines.
G4S is a security provider for the United States government, fortune 500 companies, nuclear power plants, oil and gas companies, airport, ports, banks, hospitals, factories, warehouses, commercial facilities, residential communities and much more.
As a full time employee of G4S, you will be entitled to the following benefits:
- Major Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid vacation
- Opportunities for additional training to aid in your professional development
As an employee you will also be able to participate in the Promote Me! Community. Promote Me! is available to interested current employees as a way to express interest in further advancement, as well as gain information and encourage professional development.
Further, as a current employee you will be eligible to participate in large group rates for the following benefits:
- Critical Illness
- Accident Insurance
- Whole Life Insurance
- Individual Short-Term Disability
- Pre-Paid Legal Services
- Identity Theft Services
- Pet Insurance
In addition, G4S provides benefits that are automatically available to all full or part-time employees, whether you enroll in a G4S insurance plan or not. And with no premiums to pay!
- RxCut Pharmacy Discount Program
- Doctor on Demand
- Qualsight LASIK Savings
- Perks at Work: G4S Employee Discount Program
- Alliant Credit Union
- Purchasing Power
- Active & Fit: G4S Fitness Center Membership
- FinFit: Financial Wellness Program
- DailyPay: Access your pay when you need it
G4S offers job security, excellent pay and benefits, and career opportunities. We offer entry level careers, management careers, sales careers and executive careers across the United States and internationally.
Specific Duties and Essential Functions
- Coordinate and perform data entry for processing of time and attendance in company systems for payroll and client billing to include customer time and materials software
- Track, process and perform data entry for union reporting requirements and contract reporting
- Oversight and responsibility for contract administrative reporting requirements including record retention
- Assist in developing documentation required for the selection and placement process (e.g., prepares application packets, hire packets, schedule interviews and pre/post-employment training, enter data in the Human Resources Information System [HRIS])
- Ensure accurate entry and posting of weekly labor and non-labor items into the Human Resources Information System (HRIS), direct deposit review and submission, research and review payroll discrepancies and submit corrections via HRIS as applicable
- Oversight and management responsibility for filing and maintenance of contract personnel and suitability files and documents
- Conducts administrative duties (e.g., applicant flow and hiring, unemployment and workers compensation reporting, and benefits administration)
- Assist the PM/APM with Affirmative Action Program compliance and planning; oversight of all recruiting, selection, and placement processes. Implement corrective actions as needed
- Assist the PM/APM in performing purchasing, billing, project costing and accounts payable functions inclusive of billable authorization for contract expenses including labor and materials including record keeping
- Assist the PM/APM in overall contract compliance regarding employee basic and preferred qualifications, screening, training and licensing
- Ensure compliance with company HR policies and applicable federal, state and local laws
- Other duties as needed to ensure smooth operations of Administrative and HR related matters as well as fulfilling customer requests
The Ideal Candidate:
Education, Licenses and Certifications Required
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
Type and Length of Specific Experience Required
- Minimum of 2 years of successful experience in human resources-related field
- Prior work experience in payroll, accounting, or related fields
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
- Attention to detail
- Must be at least 18 years old or the minimum age required by the state, if higher
- Must be a U.S. citizen or a foreign citizen authorized to legally work in the United States
- Proficient skills in payroll applications or time and labor/materials software (such as PeopleSoft, Labor Scheduling, etc.)
- Excellent skills in mathematics, reading comprehension, and oral and written communication
- Subject to a drug screen to the extent permitted by law
- Must be able to provide, upon job offer, a DD214 discharge document with discharge status indicated, if prior military
Physical Requirements and Environment
Environment: Office; minimal to no exposure to extreme temperatures is expected.
Major activity: Working on PC while sitting
Physical efforts to carry out job duties: Limited, to include some standing, bending, and limited stretching and reaching.
About the Company:
EOE Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
G4S is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
and an Alcohol- and Drug-Free Workplace
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action or Diversity and Inclusion, or have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, please contact our Corporate Human Resources Department at (800) 506-6265.
To receive an update on your application status, please contact our local office by following this link: http://www.g4s.us/en/Contact-Us/Local-Offices
Jobs that might be of interest:Security Officer - Upscale
Location: Portland, Maine
Apply now Security Officer - Upscale
Location: Belfast, Maine
Apply now Security Officer- Healthcare
Location: Portsmouth, New Hampshire
Apply now Nuclear Security Project Manager
Location: Seabrook, NH
Apply now Security Officer- Healthcare
Location: Derry, New Hampshire