Administrative Assistant II Minneapolis, Minnesota $16.00
Administrative Assistant IILocation: Minneapolis, Minnesota | Salary: $16.00 | Posted: 5 Nov 2018 | Closes: 5 Dec 2018 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: US Secure Solutions | Region / Division: North America | Reference: G4S/TP/2985559/132268
PLEASE CLICK APPLY OR TEXT "JOBS" TO 561-660-9797 FROM YOUR SMARTPHONE!
The world's leading private security organization, G4S, has an immediate job opportunity for an Administrative Assistant II.
The Administrative Assistant II is the “Director of First Impressions” and is the first line of contact internal and external customers have with G4S.
The Administrative Assistant II provides direct support to the Management Team and performs clerical duties to include: Answering phones, photocopying, mail distribution, filing, fingerprinting, handling confidential information, accounts payable and coordinating special projects. The Administrative Assistant will perform a wide range of administrative and general support duties of a highly responsible and confidential nature.
G4S is a security provider for the United States government, fortune 500 companies, nuclear power plants, oil and gas companies, airport, ports, banks, hospitals, factories, warehouses, commercial facilities, residential communities and much more.
G4S offers job security, excellent pay and benefits, and career opportunities. We offer entry level careers, management careers, sales careers and executive careers across the United States and internationally.
Specific Duties and Essential Functions
- Provide administrative support to Management Team
- Front desk duties to include answering telephones and directing call to proper personnel. Incoming/outgoing mail; copying, faxing, scanning of documents as required, maintain office equipment, maintenance requests, updating newsletters to field and fingerprinting
- Office supplies; order and stock all necessary office supplies for the Area Office
- Generate aging reports weekly for review with Office Manager and contact clients with past due balances, as needed
- Accounts payable; code invoices and enter requisitions
- Process Interoffice billing and non-labor billing entries
- Coordinating and catering Staff/Management meetings as needed
- Coordinating travel as needed
- Filing; maintain client files and lists as needed
- Assist with state-licensing compliance, as directed to include; issuing ID’s and keying licenses and training into HRIS
- Other duties as needed to ensure smooth operation of administrative matters
The Ideal Candidate:
Education, Licenses and Certifications Required
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
Type and Length of Specific Experience Required
- Minimum of 2 years of administrative experience in a fast-paced, diverse business environment
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
- Attention to detail
- Must be at least 18 years old or the minimum age required by the state, if higher
- Must be a U.S. citizen or a foreign citizen authorized to legally work in the United States
- Subject to a drug screen to the extent permitted by law
- Must be able to provide, upon job offer, a DD214 discharge document with discharge status indicated, if prior military
Physical Requirements and Environment
Environment: Office; no exposure to extreme temperatures is expected
Major activity: Working on PC while sitting; telephone use
Physical efforts to carry out job duties: Limited, to include some standing, bending, limited stretching and reaching
About the Company:
EOE Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
G4S is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
and an Alcohol- and Drug-Free Workplace
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action or Diversity and Inclusion, or have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, please contact our Corporate Human Resources Department at (800) 506-6265.
To receive an update on your application status, please contact our local office by following this link: http://g4s.us/en/Contact-Us/Local-Offices
Jobs that might be of interest:Assistant Account Manager
Location: Plymouth, Minnesota
Apply now Account Manager
Location: Maple Grove, Minneapolis
Apply now Agent - Portfolio Operations Center
Location: Minnetonka, Minnesota
Apply now Director, Operations
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Apply now Security Officer - Behavior Detection
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota