Active Directory Analyst Rochester, New York Competitive
Active Directory AnalystLocation: Rochester, New York | Salary: Competitive | Posted: 18 Mar 2021 | Closes: 30 Sep 2021 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: US - G4S Secure Integration | Region / Division: G4S Technology | Reference: NY031821AD
G4S Secure Integration is looking for an experienced AD Analyst to perform advanced troubleshooting, programming, scripting, and service analysis for the security program. This is a customer facing position that interfaces with Security Technical, ICT, and customer management on a daily basis.
- Export and import data from/to various formats like delimited raw/text file, MS-Excel, XML, SQL Server, MS-Access, etc. Transfer of data between various servers and/or data sources.
- Perform special project assignments from the AD/SQL Supervisor or client management
- Apply all technical training received on systems to the client live environment
- Maintain systems as directed by the Applications manager and client management
- Work closely with system manufacturer professional services and help desks as required, to ensure program success
- Maintain, secure and update Active Directory production environment. Conduct periodic DR planning exercises as needed.
- Cooperates with other team members in a highly sensitive, critical infrastructure environment to facilitate completion of project schedules and tasks
- Working closely with internal teams to implement GPOs and performance tuning
- Recommend process improvements and beneficial program enhancements
- Follow all operations policies and procedures
- Engage in a planned program of professional development, coordinated goals and responsibilities and maintain continued growth in professional skills and knowledge essential to the position
- Keep current with the latest technologies
- Other duties as assigned by supervision.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field preferred
- 5 + years of working in MS Windows Server environment
- Excellent working knowledge in PKI/Certificate enrollment and architecture design and support
- Strong understanding of Windows 7 / 10 OS platform
- Understanding of computer and user authentication is needed for troubleshooting performance issues associated with logon or host resolution for both Server and Workstation.
- Working knowledge of Exchange systems and attributes in AD, with related support experience
- 5+ years of experience in managing Windows Domains using Active Directory
- Thorough understanding of Domain/Forest trusts, Replication, NTFS/ACL permissions, Group policies, etc.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Application and Services (including but not limited to WSUS, IIS, FTP, DNS, DFS, SCCM, SCOM, SQL, and sharepoint)
- Working knowledge of DNS configuration, MS Clustering services, SAN storage configuration, Terminal services, TCP/IP protocol, LDAP knowledge and experience applying Group Policy Objects in a Domain environment, extensive working knowledge around PKI, ADFS, Azure AD Connect, and O365 suite
- MS Windows Server Security Configuration and Administration PowerShell, VB Scripting, VM Ware Virtualization platform history of participating in the entire lifecycle (planning, deployment, maintenance) of critical ICT services
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (including but not limited to Excel, Visio & Proejct)
- Microsoft Certified Professional in the Windows Server track
About the Company:
G4S brings your systems together. We design, build and maintain stand-alone and integrated security systems. A trusted partner to customers and suppliers, G4S takes great pride in delivering outstanding expertise and superior service.
We have the ability to provide full turnkey services: taking a customer’s requirements, developing the concept, designing the network, selecting the product that best fits the requirements, and completing the installation.
Why Work for G4S?
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Disability Plans
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401(k) match
- Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays
- Employee referral program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Professional Certification Reimbursement
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Jobs that might be of interest: