Acting Up - Team Leader South Yorkshire £27,000
Acting Up - Team LeaderLocation: South Yorkshire | Salary: £27,000 | Posted: 4 Feb 2019 | Closes: 18 Feb 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: UK Central Government Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland
£27,000 per annum
Full Time - 40 hours per week
We provide housing accommodation for asylum seekers in two of the UK Home Office’s six Commercial and Operational Managers Procuring Asylum Support Services – or COMPASS – regions.
The G4S regions are North East England, Yorkshire and the Humber and; Midlands and East of England. Under the agreement, we provide housing, utilities and some transport and welfare support services.
The responsibility of the Team Leader will be to manage the operational Welfare Service Officer team to ensure all contractual requirements and G4S procedures are met, fostering effective working relationships with local stakeholders and to maintain their own caseload of circa 30 properties.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Maximise the efficiency of Service User allocations in association with the G4S Accommodation Team; ensuring that Welfare Service Officer resource is efficiently utilised and that properties across the region are maintained to contractual standards.
- Manage the Welfare Service Officer team to ensure that Service User requirements are met in line with contractual requirements and that WSOs comply with all G4S processes and procedures as well as all service delivery requirements of our contract with UKVI.
- Support the Technical Services team to ensure that all portfolio Inventory and furniture requirements are requested in line with contractual requirements and within budget framework.
- Conduct monthly one to ones with each member of the team to monitor and manage performance; such monitoring must include regular visits to properties to ensure SU Registers are being completed and managed correctly, inductions are of a high quality and comply with the UKVI Schedule of Requirements etc.
- Support & motivate employees in order to develop & improve their performance, to meet customer requirements & to ensure commitment to inclusivity & the maintenance of appropriate behaviour and conduct.
- Manage own caseload of properties to ensure inductions are completed, monthly inspections are carried out, incidents are investigated and reported, relocations are managed, discontinuations are managed and SU Registers are maintained and completed every week.
- Collate and provide operational information so that relevant stakeholders are kept informed at all times, Produce and distribute performance updates for the allocated region, whenever necessary, to the relevant stakeholders
- Liaise with stakeholders, representing G4S at local stakeholder meetings, including Voluntary and Community Sector groups, local authority Housing Standards / Environmental Health teams, Home Office compliance inspectors and maintenance delivery partners to ensure effective service delivery and positive working relationships
- Co-ordinate the response to serious incidents and complaints with the G4S Service Centre in Worksop, liaising with relevant stakeholders, analysing, collating and reporting all incidents to the relevant authorities so that contractual timescales and company procedures are met.
- Undertake investigations into complaints against team members as and when required by the ABSM responsible for the region.
- Maintain Health and Safety compliance in line with Company and divisional policies and procedures to meet the British Safety Council 5 star standards as well as all UK legislation in relation to health & safety.
- Working knowledge of standards requirements as laid down in the Home Office Statement of Requirements, Local Authority regulations and HHSRS regulations.
- Experience of building links with key voluntary and community agencies
- Managing remote field-based teams
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal.
Please be advised that this role will be subject to TUPE transfer in August 2019.
Jobs that might be of interest:Operations Director
Apply now Unit Engineer - Electrical
Location: Liverpool, Merseyside
Apply now Plumber
Location: Wolverhampton, West Midlands
Apply now Welfare Service Officer - North East
Location: North East England
Apply now Teacher - IT
Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire