Accounts Assistant Worksop Competitive
Accounts AssistantLocation: Worksop | Salary: Competitive | Posted: 13 May 2022 | Closes: 22 May 2022 | Job Type: Full Time and Permanent | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: G4S/MS/2307
Competitive salary, 5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays, contributory pension scheme
This is a great opportunity to join our busy and dynamic Accounts Team in Worksop within the Accounts Payable section. The role of accounts assistant is to undertake day-today- clerical tasks of the Purchase Ledger Department. Process supplier documentation from raising orders through to posting of invoices and process staff expenses in accordance with company policy and procedures.
In return, we offer a competitive salary, 5 weeks holiday plus bank holidays, entry into our contributor pension scheme,various employee discount schemes, Perks at work and free on-site parking. In addition to this, we also offer a range of study support programmes to assist with your own personal development once you have completed the required training and probation periods.
Allied Universal®, a leading security and facility services company, provides proactive security services and cutting-edge smart technology to deliver tailored, integrated security solutions that allow clients to focus on their core business. Our acquisition of G4S in 2021 expands our footprint and infrastructure on a global and local level. Through our vast network of more than 800,000 employees, we leverage global best practices in communities all over the world. Operating in around more than 80 countries with revenues of $18 billion, we are supported by efficient processes and systems that can only come with scale to help deliver our promise locally: keeping people safe so our communities can thrive. We believe there is no greater purpose than serving and safeguarding customers, communities, and people in today’s world. Allied Universal is there for you™. For more information, please visit www.aus.com.
The successful candidate will be required to provide original documentation for detailed screening and vetting processes. These documents may include your passport, drivers license, utility bill (dated in the last 3 months), HMRC letter, an original bank statement, an original payslip, your birth certificate, a valid share code.
Please note, this role does not qualify for a visa under the current Government guidelines therefore to be considered for this role you must already have the right to work in the UK. Re-location costs will not be granted. You must live in reasonable commuting distance of the site.
The main responsibilities of the Accounts Assistant are:
- Opening and scanning the incoming mail
- Validate travel expense claims checking compliance to G4S’S Expenses policy, calculating appropriate VAT to assist in enabling VAT return completion and identifying PSA and pass to the appropriate person for calculating to ensure statutory requirements are met.
- Input employee expenses onto the accounting system to enable accurate and timely payments to be made
- Deal with expense enquiries in a courteous and professional manner
- Match supplier invoices to goods received and orders, and process none purchase order invoices for accurate payment in line with G4S’S purchasing policy.
- Complete supplier statement reconciliations, including intercompany to validate creditor position, track and record.
- Answer supplier and internal customer enquiries so that processes run smoothly
- Investigate GRNI discrepancies to validate the accuracy of the GRNI accrual
- Responsible for resolving Debit Balances, track and record.
- Review Aged Creditors for aged items and take proactive action monthly to ensure these are resolved and cleared.
- Allocation of Direct Debits
- KPI Reporting
Complete any other tasks required within Purchase Ledger
The Ideal Candidate:
The ideal candidate for the Accounts Assistant role in Accounts Payable will have:
- 2 years minimum Accounts Payable Experience
- The ability to work as part of a team as well as individually
- Excellent communication skills
They will also be expected to work to G4S Values of Integrity and Respect, Planning for Tomorrow, Building Relationships and Delivering Today.