Accounts Assistant Tewkesbury £28,000
Accounts AssistantLocation: Tewkesbury | Salary: £28,000 | Posted: 4 Feb 2019 | Closes: 26 Mar 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Region / Division: UK & Ireland
25 days annual leave, plus 8 bank holidays
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Accounts Assistant to join our team, based in our offices in Tewkesbury.
This role requires an experienced Accounts Assistant able to provide analysis support and key reconciliation of controls in respect of our Fire and Security Systems Business. This will include regular liaison and co-operation with other members of all the Fire and Security Systems Departments, Head Office and other group companies.
The primary objective is to support the smooth operation, input and accurate maintenance of the General Ledger relating to one specific contract within G4S Fire and Security and to be actively involved in the refining of procedures and reporting accuracy.
G4S, the leading global security and outsourcing group, specialises in outsourcing of business processes in sectors where security and safety risks are considered a strategic threat. G4S is the largest employer quoted on the London Stock Exchange and has a secondary stock exchange listing in Copenhagen. G4S has operations in more than 120 countries and over 620,000 employees.
The Account Assistant will liaise with various levels within the business including, all other departments, other Group companies, Suppliers and Customers of the company.
General Ledger - key responsibilities
- Assist in production of monthly accounts to regional timetable
- Preparation of month end reports
- Management of Revenue recognition for the contract
- Cost control for the contract
- Analysis of engineers’ productivity for the contract
- Monthly reconciliation of all relevant GL accounts
- Preparation and posting of Journals.
- Maintain schedules for the calculation of Accruals
- Maintaining details of contracts
- Providing accounting analysis - both regular and ad-hoc
- Ad hoc duties as required.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Minimum of part qualified with one of the recognised accounting bodies.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in an accounting role or similar.
- IT literate with good Microsoft Excel skills.
- Highly numerate, accurate and methodical
- Ability to work with the minimum of supervision,
- Adheres to agreed procedures, but able to demonstrate initiative,
- Keen to own and resolve issues, proactive and responsible
- 5 years checkable work history
- Unrestricted right to work in the UK/EU
- Fluent written and spoken English
Preference will be given to candidates who also meet the following: