Accountant Wolverhampton Salary Dependent on Experience
AccountantLocation: Wolverhampton | Salary: Salary Dependent on Experience | Posted: 27 May 2020 | Closes: 3 Jun 2020 | Job Type: Permanent & Part-time | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: G4S/MS/2031
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a permanent part-time experienced, qualified Accountant. The main duties of this role are to produce the Management Accounts for the site and undertake all month end activities. You will play an active role within the Management Team at HMP Oakwood and lead on all local finance and commercial items. If you have the ability to work with people at all levels and make a valued contribution to the business, then we would like to hear from you.
G4S is the leading global integrated security company specialising in the provision of security products, services and solutions. The group is active in more than 110 countries, is the largest employer quoted on the London Stock Exchange with over 623,000 employees and has a secondary stock exchange listing in Copenhagen. We specialise in outsourced business processes and facilities in sectors where security and safety risks are considered a strategic threat.
- Ensure accurate and timely preparation of management accounts
- Ensure relevant balance sheet accounts are well maintained and controlled in line with company policy
- Prepare monthly financial trading review packs and present to local site Management Team and also to Divisional Managers
- Prepare budgets and forecasts to meet company and statutory requirements
- Work closely with Operational managers and HR to drive the monthly forecasting process, to maintain transparency and accuracy of information.
- Support operational managers in finance and commercial issues.
- Manage ad hoc requests for analysis.
- Liaise with external auditors and other government agencies to ensure full compliance with rules and regulations.
- Act in accordance with security and operational instructions at all times to ensure a safe and secure working environment.
The Ideal Candidate:
Qualified Accountant with experience (CIMA/ACCA)
Key Competence / Skills
- Inquisitive mind
- Ability to get on with people at all levels of the business
- To work with Finance and non Finance staff
- To be able to work to deadlines
- Ability to work independently and remotely
- Use of Excel/Word/Powerpoint/SAP
- To be able to work in a secure / security related environment
Jobs that might be of interest:Billing Clerk
Location: Omaha, Nebraska