Accountant - Secure Solutions South Africa Centurion Competitive Market Related Package
Accountant - Secure Solutions South AfricaLocation: Centurion | Salary: Competitive Market Related Package | Posted: 22 Jul 2021 | Closes: 22 Aug 2021 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: South Africa - Secure Solutions | Region / Division: Sub-Saharan Africa | Reference: G4S/TP/417748/214865
Remuneration and benefits will be commensurate with the seniority of the role and in compliance with company remuneration policy and practice.
G4S Secure Solutions (SA), a leading provider of integrated security management solutions, has a vacancy for a an accountant based at our Head Office in Centurion.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, this role is responsible to maintain complete and accurate accounting records for G4S in compliance to company policies and procedures.
The successful incumbent is a self-starter with a proven track record in maintaining company policy, adopting best practices, and is able to exercise sound judgment in the pursuit of the achievement of the goals of the organization, and understanding the role which finance plays within a successful business unit. The incumbent will be expected to be results-driven and to live the values of the organization.
Ensure preparation of working spreadsheets and upload into GL
- Prepare worksheets wrt relevant accounts
- Perform upload of worksheets into GL using the standard journal template
- Ensure compliance with existing policies and procedures.
Perform reconciliations for Inter regional transactions as per the inter OGL report.
- Ensure accurate accounting of inter regional transactions
- Ensure that all inter regional transactions are cleared.
Responsible to ensure correct cost allocations within budget
- Ensure the expenditure falls within budget and is approved at the correct levels.
- Investigate potential cost-savings
- Perform monthly reconciliations
- Review and action balance sheet recons from previous months
Prepare monthly Journals
- Perform reversal of prior months accruals
- Ensure inclusion of current monthly accruals and provision up to budget
- Capture monthly portion of prepaid expenses
- Ensure authorisation of journals
Health and Safety
- Participate in the design/ development/ review/ implementation and monitoring of the branch/region/national safety plans for each year.
- Participate in safety forums created by the company for example safety meetings and safety talks
- Report all safety incidents to the relevant people
- Discuss all safety incidents on all levels
- Follow-up on any activities assigned through safety meeting/committee/representative/management
- Attend safety education and refresher programmes
- Comply with safety policies and procedures at the workplace
- Distribute safety information as and when required
- Wear protective clothing all the time
The Ideal Candidate:
- Grade 12 plus a B.Com Degree/Diploma or equivalent
- 3 to 5 Years of management accounting experience would be deemed suitable for the level of the position
Skills and Attributes
- Knowledge of Financial principles and practices
- Knowledge of financial controls and audit standards
- Knowledge of how to perform and review reconciliations
- Knowledge of how to implement financial controls
- MS Office Computer skills (Excel Advanced)
- Analytical skills
- Working with complexity
- Planning and Coordination
- Managing conflict
- Delivering strategy
- Delivering performance
- Managing professionally
- Awareness of the market environment
- Acting professionally
- Driving change
- Leading people
- Customer thinking
- Collaborating and cooperating
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates, but SA citizens will have a distinct advantage.
About the Company:
G4S is the world’s leading international security solutions group, which specializes in outsourced business processes in sectors where security and safety risks are considered a strategic threat. G4S is the largest employer quoted on the London Stock Exchange and has a secondary stock exchange listing in Copenhagen. G4S has operations in more than 90 countries and employs more than 540,000 employees, making us one of the world’s largest private employers.
At G4S South Africa, our vision is to be recognized as the leader in providing security solutions. We, therefore, endeavor to build and maintain a motivated, capable workforce who are proud to work for our region and able to deliver our commercial strategy. We continue to build on the excellent people management practices which are in place across the Group in order to fully engage our workforce.
G4S is an organization which is defined by its values, which are:
- We act with Integrity and Respect - Our business activities and relationships are built on trust, honesty, and openness. We do what we promise and always strive to do the right thing. We listen. We treat our colleagues, customers and those in our care with the utmost respect.
- We are passionate about Safety, Security and Service Excellence - We are passionate about working safely and take great care to protect our colleagues and customers from harm. We are experts in security and use that knowledge to protect our customer’s assets. We keep our promises and are passionate about delivering high levels of customer service.
- We achieve this through Innovation and Teamwork - We invest in technology and best practice to continuously improve the products and services we offer. We challenge ourselves to find new ways of helping our customers achieve their goals. We work together as a team, valuing everyone’s contribution, to ensure we achieve the best results for our customers and our business.
For more information on G4S, please visit: www.g4s.com