Accountant (Samrand) - G4S Deposita - South Africa Samrand Market related
Accountant (Samrand) - G4S Deposita - South AfricaLocation: Samrand | Salary: Market related | Posted: 2 Sep 2020 | Closes: 30 Sep 2020 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: South Africa - Cash Solutions | Region / Division: Africa | Reference: G4S/TP/417748/196977
Remuneration and benefits will be commensurate with the seniority of the role and in compliance with company remuneration policy and practice.
G4S Deposita (SA), a leading global integrated security solutions company, has a vacancy for an Accountant based at our head offices in Samrand.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the Accountant is responsible for maintaining complete and accurate accounting records for G4S in compliance to company policies and procedures.
The successful incumbent is a self-starter with a proven track record in maintaining company policy, adopting best practices, and is able to exercise sound judgement in the pursuit of the achievement of the goals of the organisation, and understanding the role that finance plays within a successful business unit. The incumbent will be expected to be results driven and to live the values of the organisation.
Ensure preparation of working spreadsheets and upload into GL
- Prepare worksheets with regard to relevant accounts
- Perform upload of worksheets into GL using the standard journal template
- Ensure compliance with existing policies and procedures
Perform and manage reconciliations for Inter regional transactions as per the inter OGL report.
- Ensure accurate accounting of inter regional transactions
- Ensure that all inter regional transactions are cleared
Responsible for debit order reconciliations
- Liaise with Cash book clerk w.r.t. the validity of debit orders.
- Ensure supporting documentation is obtained relative to the specific debit order.
- Ensure correct allocation of costs.
Prepare monthly Journals
- Perform reversal of prior months accruals
- Ensure inclusion of current monthly accruals and provisions up to budget.
- Capture accrued income after liaison with Financial Manager and AR clerk
- Capture monthly portion of prepaid expenses.
- Ensure authorization of journals
Perform monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Perform balance sheet reconciliation according to approved process and policies
- Review and action balance sheet recons from previous months
- Follow up on all discrepancies
The Ideal Candidate:
- Grade 12 plus a B.Com Degree/Diploma or equivalent
- 3 to 5 years financial accounting or relevant experience would be deemed appropriate for the level of the position
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
- Knowledge of Financial principles and practices
- Knowledge of how to perform reconciliations
- Knowledge of company policies and procedures
- MS Office Computer skills (Excel Advanced)
- Planning and Coordination
- Understanding the organisational environment
- Supporting and working with others
- Delivering objectives
- Dealing with complexity (Includes Analytical skills)
- Delivering great customer service
- Sharing and Co-operating
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates, but SA citizens or those with a valid SA work permit, will have a distinct advantage.
About the Company:
G4S is the world’s leading international security solutions group, which specialises in outsourced business processes in sectors where security and safety risks are considered a strategic threat. G4S is the largest employer quoted on the London Stock Exchange and has a secondary stock exchange listing in Copenhagen. G4S has operations in more than 125 countries and 657,000 employees. For more information on G4S, visit www.g4s.com.
G4S operates in over 30 countries in Africa and employs over 105 000 people on the continent.
At G4S South Africa, our vision is to be recognised as the leader in providing security solutions. We therefore endeavour to build and maintain a motivated, capable workforce who are proud to work for our region and able to deliver our commercial strategy. We continue to build on the excellent people management practices which are in place across the Group in order to fully engage our workforce. Our employees are the public face of G4S and we recognise and respect the value they add to the business by delivering excellent service day after day.
G4S is an organisation which is defined by its values, which are:
- Customer Focus
- Best People
- Collaboration & Teamwork
One of the G4S Group’s core values is to ensure we employ the Best People. We strive to develop our employees’ competence and inspire them to live our values. G4S ensures that we provide our employees with opportunities for growth and development within a dynamic and challenging business environment.
At G4S South Africa, we place great value on attracting and retaining the best people at all levels, to ensure the continued success of the organisation.
Jobs that might be of interest:Accounts Receivable Manager: G4S Deposita South Africa
Apply now Accounts Receivable Clerk - Deposita - South Africa
Apply now Billing Clerk
Location: Omaha, Nebraska
Apply now Accounting Clerk
Location: Omaha, Nebraska
Apply now Project Analyst
Location: Livermore, California