Accountant - G4S Secure Solutions Head Office Market Related
Accountant - G4S Secure SolutionsLocation: Head Office | Salary: Market Related | Posted: 21 Sep 2020 | Closes: 21 Oct 2020 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: South Africa - Secure Solutions | Region / Division: Africa | Reference: G4S/TP/3620871/198002
Remuneration and benefits will be commensurate with the seniority of the role and in compliance with company remuneration policy and practice.
Ensure preparation of working spreadsheets and upload into GL:
- Prepare worksheets w.r.t. relevant accounts
- Perform upload of worksheets into GL using the standard journal template
- Ensure compliance with existing policies and procedures
Perform reconciliations for Inter regional transactions as per the inter OGL report.
- Ensure accurate accounting of inter regional transactions
- Ensure that all inter regional transactions are cleared
Responsible for debit order reconciliations:
- Liaise with Cash book clerk w.r.t. the validity of debit orders.
- Ensure supporting documentation is obtained relative to the specific debit order.
- Ensure correct allocation of costs.
Prepare monthly Journals:
Perform reversal of prior months accruals:
- Ensure inclusion of current monthly accruals and provisions up to budget.
- Capture accrued income after liaison with Financial Manager and AR clerk
- Capture monthly portion of prepaid expenses.
- Ensure authorization of journals
Perform monthly balance sheet reconciliations:
- Perform balance sheet reconciliation according to approved process and policies
- Review and action balance sheet recons from previous months
- Follow up on all discrepancies
Health and Safety:
- Participate in the design/ development/ review/ implementationand monitoring of the branch/region/national safety plans for each year.
- Participate in safety forums created by company for example safety meetings and safety talks
- Report all safety incidents to the relevant people
- Discuss all safety incidents on all levels
- Follow-up on any activities assigned through safety meeting/committee/representative/management
- Attend safety education and refresher programmes
- Comply with safety policies and procedures at workplace
- Distribute safety information as and when required
The Ideal Candidate:
- Grade 12 plus a B.Com Degree/diploma or equivalent
- 3 to 5 years financial accounting or relevant experience would be deemed appropriate for the level of the position
- Knowledge of Financial principles and practices
- Knowledge of how to perform reconciliations
- Knowledge of company policies and procedures
- MS Office Computer skills
- (Excel Advanced)
- Planning and Coordination
- Understanding the organisational environment
- Supporting and working with others
- Delivering objectives
- Dealing with complexity
- Delivering great customer service
- Sharing and Co-operating
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure