Access Control Supervisor - Hinkley Point/P323/134464/4 Bridgwater & £15.25
Access Control Supervisor - Hinkley Point/P323/134464/4Location: Bridgwater | Salary: £15.25 | Posted: 19 Nov 2018 | Closes: 5 Dec 2018 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: UK Secure Solutions | Region / Division: UK & Ireland
20 days annual leave plus 8 Bank Holidays, Company Sick Pay Scheme, Contributory Pension Scheme, Contributory Health Plan
Do you want to be part of a leading global integrated security company specialising in the provision of security products, services and solutions?
G4S is active in more than 110 countries, and is the largest employer quoted on the London Stock Exchange with over 623,000 employees and has a secondary stock exchange listing in Copenhagen.
The Access Control Supervisor (ACS) supports the Access Control Lead
with the 24 hour operational delivery of Access Control to the Hinkley Point
The ACS will supervise a team of on duty Access Control Officers who are
tasked with delivering reception, administration and customer service duties
to support the project and enable both site pass holders and visitors to gain
access to the main HPC site.
This is primarily an administrative, customer facing, reception role with the
operation of security and visitor management IT systems. The ACS will
require an SIA licence in order to effectively supervise this function.
The ACS is a duty role that is required to provide 24 hour Access Control
coverage across the HPC project and will ensure that all operational tasks
are co-ordinated as per working instructions and guidelines.
- Provide support to the security Plaza leads and be the on duty decision maker for all access control requirements
- Key enabler of access to the HPC project for site pass holders and visitors
- Deployment of resources across the project estate to effectively manage access control
- On duty operational management of the on shift Access Control team including:-
- Sickness & absence management
- HR Support
- Front of House Reception duties – leader of customer excellence
- Management of the Visitor process
- Manage the IT systems which support the function and escalate faults when required
- Monitor and deliver service level requirements as per KPI’s
- Provide key management information
- Deliver training and coach Access Control Officers in their duties
The Ideal Candidate:
- Strong Written and Verbal Communications
- Attention to detail
- Ability to manage workload, prioritise and manage time
- Adaptable and flexible
- Customer Focused
- A good standard of education in Maths, English and IT. Preferred Experience
- Prior experience of working within a busy office environment and under pressure
- Excellent IT skills with a working knowledge of all MS Office packages
- Experience of training
- Previous customer service experience
- Highest levels of integrity, respectfulness and professionalism required at all times.
- Open, trusting and in the spirit of mutual support, especially when dealing with conflicts of interests.
- An engaging and proactive ‘can do’ attitude where successes and failures are shared.
- Doing what we say we are going to do and only committing to what can be done.
- Listen and communicate effectively.
- Ability to plan ahead as far as possible and share intelligence to prevent surprises
Specific occupational requirements
- Must hold an SIA licence
- Must be able to pass and hold National Security Clearance Vetting (SC)
About the Company:
G4S is the world's leading provider of security solutions, with operations in over 100 countries Worldwide. G4S Secure Solutions (UK) Limited is one of the largest Business units in the G4S Group and the largest Security Services Company in the UK, with an annual turnover of approximately £440m and employing 20,000 people. Our success depends on the commitment of our employees to providing excellent customer service to all internal as well as external customers.
G4S is a global company with a diverse employee team and we welcome applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Jobs that might be of interest:Area Security Officer/Y211/122365/1
Location: Taunton and the surrounding area
Apply now Area Security Officer/Y223/125848/2
Location: Bristol and the surrounding areas
Apply now Security Customer Care Officer/Y223/125847/1
Apply now Area Relief Court Security Officer Q802/ 139131/3
Location: Cardiff and the surrounding area Pontypridd & Merthyr
Apply now Security Officer/B531/140410/7